Clay Lacy Aviation is looking for a Payroll Specialist to join our Los Angeles-based Payroll team. The ideal candidate will have a strong payroll background and provide support to the Payroll Supervisor as well as help increase productivity in the greater Human Resources department. If you are dedicated, proactive, and goal-oriented, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
- 100% On-site position, Monday-Friday
- Compensation: Hourly Rate $28.00 – $34.00
Under direct supervision from the Payroll Supervisor, Payroll Specialist is responsible for tasks necessary to accomplish the organization’s multi-state payroll processing objectives with a high degree of attention to detail and confidentiality. This person will be a key contributor to consistent and accurate processing payroll for 1000+ employees, verifications of employment, personnel action forms, reporting, and assisting the greater HR department in any way needed. The successful candidate for this role will be extremely detail-oriented, nimble, and a strong interpersonal communicator.
• Serving as a direct collaborator, backup, and support to the Payroll Supervisor in processing semi-monthly and biweekly payrolls of 1000+ employees. Paycom and multi-state payroll experience preferred.
• Creating and distributing daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports regarding headcount, timecards, and other departmental oversights.
• Running and manipulating various Excel and CSV reports to attain requested information
• Oversight of all timecard-related inquiries; enrolling new hires in the timeclock system, updating employee timecard punches, and overseeing time off requests in payroll system (Paycom).
• Communicating with supervisors and HR reps to correct and fix timecard issues in accordance with company Time and Attendance policy.
• Maintain a high level of security, confidentiality, and good judgement for confidential information.
• Creating and entering Personnel Action Forms (PAFs) into Paycom for all employee changes, including but not limited to promotions/demotions, change of DOL status, and department transfers.
• Creating and entering PAFs into Paycom for One-Time payroll requests including, but not limited to employee bonuses, commissions, and additional flight/maintenance pay.
• Receiving, completing, entering and mailing of all VOE’s in a timely manner.
• Verifying and entering on call pay for Charter and Maintenance departments.
• Entering new hire and re-hire information into the HRIS/Payroll system.
• Processing semimonthly hourly payroll, including review and research of any one-time payments or employee changes
• Provide checks and balances by reviewing and auditing salary payroll process as entered by Payroll Supervisor
• Support semimonthly 401(k) reconciliation process
• Supporting the ongoing digitization goals of the payroll and HR departments with regards to personnel files and confidential paperwork
• Assist with audits and projects for department as needed.
• Additional duties as assigned
College degree preferred but not required, or appropriate work experience in lieu of degree.
Minimum of 4 years payroll experience working with an enterprise-level HRIS.
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated excellent analytical skills, organizational ability, and critical thinking skills.
• Strong proficiency in Excel (VLOOKUPs, Pivot tables, other intermediate level functions) and Microsoft Outlook.
• Experience working with multi-state payroll processing using HRIS/Payroll systems such as ADP, Paychex and Paycom.
• Proven ability to work both independently on projects and as part of the larger team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven project management, organizational and time-management skills
• A willingness to learn, problem-solve creatively, and work cooperatively to assist others.
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K) and more to employees in full-time positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.