Location : Los Angeles, CA
The Aircraft Avionics Technician/Installer 2 is responsible for reporting to the Avionics Manager and Avionics Supervisor to ensure that tasks assigned are carried out in accordance with Repair Station Manual procedures and manufacturer specifications. Each technician will be properly certified in accordance with FAR Part 145.151 in order to perform maintenance, preventative maintenance, upgrades and alterations.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the contents of the Repair Station Manual and the Quality Manual.
- Perform tasks as assigned by the Avionics Manager, Avionics Supervisor or Lead
- Ensure all tasks assigned and completed conform to industry standards, OEM Technical Data & Clay Lacy Aviation RSM / QCM Manuals.
- Comply with all safety, efficiency and quality standards, including HAZMAT and OSHA.
- Maintain shop equipment and tooling.
- Maintain personal appearance and uniforms to company standards.
- Avionics Systems Testing, Troubleshooting, Maintenance & Installations
- Keep the shop, work spaces and aircraft work areas clean and organized.
- As directed by Avionics Manager, Avionics Supervisor and Lead Technicians.
Airframe license preferred.
Minimum of 5 to 12 years of Military or Corporate Aircraft Avionics experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently with minimal supervision
- Willingness to learn New Airframes, Cabin Management/Entertainment Systems and Avionics systems.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Accountable, trustworthy and dependable.
- Must be comfortable working as part of a team for the benefit of the entire group
- Must be able to interpret wiring diagrams and electrical schematics
- Must have experience on Installations & Troubleshooting and have a good understanding of Avionics & Electrical Systems, Operations and Interfacing
- Willing to travel and provide on-call & weekend support when required or as scheduled
- Must have experience, knowledge and understanding of hand tooling, wire strippers and crimpers
- Must possess own tooling
- Military Avionics schooling & experience will be considered
- Airframe licenses preferred