Clay Lacy Aviation is looking for a strong, experienced Aircraft Detailer/Cleaner for our full-Aircraft Cleaning service at Van Nuys Airport (KVNY). If you meet the minimum requirements in this job description and are goal-oriented, dedicated, proactive, and enjoy a customer-centric culture, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
- All positions require a valid drivers’ license and a clean DMV record.
- Must have flexibility in their work schedule as overtime may be required.
- Corporate/Business jet experience (non-commercial jet/airlines).
- Effectively works for the Aircraft Cleaning Supervisor to efficiently execute the aircraft Detailing/Cleaning work scope.
- Communicates effectively with Supervisor and Co-Workers as required.
- Promotes an environment that provides the team with opportunities to succeed.
- Works with other aircraft cleaning Detailer/Cleaners to perform the tasks required by the work scope and performs to plan.
- Work on the daily activities to ensure maximum efficiency and take necessary action to ensure that all work is completed within schedule and estimated labor and material costs.
- Ensures understanding of the assigned tasks and ensures the use of applicable technical data.
- Assists the Supervisor in identifying additional technical training needs.
- Ensures that aircraft maintenance paperwork and forms are completed in accordance with methods of execution outlined in Clay Lacy Repair Station Manual.
- Able to provide a comprehensive shift turnover to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Delivers on aircraft downtime and schedule to ensure timely delivery of a quality product.
- Ensures that crews maintain good housekeeping practices, takes immediate action to maintain a clean safe environment.
- Works closely with Supervisor to deliver on adequate safety precautions and procedures, inspect equipment to ensure it meets company safety and OSHA standards.
- Delivers continuous safety programs in their area of responsibility, including operation of support equipment, aircraft systems, housekeeping, and hazardous materials.
- Supports the Clay Lacy Vision, Mission, and Values statement through the achievement of department goals and objectives that contribute to process improvement and the development of strategies that improve customer service and the maintenance process.
- Observes and administers company rules and regulations and safety policy and standard operating procedures.
- Aircraft Detailing/Cleaning and additional duties:
- Full Exterior & Interiors detailed cleaning/wipe down
- Interior deep cleaning
- Carpet cleaning & shampoo
- Protect, prepare, clean aircraft interior/exterior before and after MX events
- Support aircraft movements (Wing walkers)
- Hangar organization and cleaning (Under 6S initiatives)
- Upkeep and storing of aircraft cleaning equipment
- Ordering and storing cleaning consumables (i.e. rags, & chemicals)
- May include other duties as required
- Minimum of 6 months – 5+ years of Aircraft cleaning and detail experience.
- High School/GED
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to prioritize and organize workflow
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to multi-task.
- Known for working well with all levels of managers, staff, clients and vendors.
- Able to handle sensitive documents in a very confidential manner.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Able to take initiative and execute assigned tasks in a timely and flawless manner.
- Strong teamwork acumen with a profound ability to work under extreme pressure.
- Strong passion for working in a fast-paced and result-oriented environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Committed to providing excellent customer service at all times.
- Team-oriented dedication to great customer service and the ability to inspire that commitment in others.
- Thorough knowledge of the general aviation cleaning industry, aircraft makes and models, and ground support suppliers.
- Strong understanding of safety training and risk management.
- Must be able to pass drug screening and background checks.
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K), and more to employees in full-time positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded in 1968 by legendary aviator and industry pioneer Clay Lacy. Today, Clay Lacy Aviation is considered the world’s most experienced operator of private jets. Prominent individuals and leading corporations trust Clay Lacy for aircraft management, charter, sales, acquisitions, maintenance, avionics, interiors, and FBO services. The company has aircraft operations and regional offices across the U.S., including fixed-base operations and part 145 repair stations at Van Nuys Airport in Los Angeles and Seattle’s Boeing Field. With the most knowledgeable team in the industry, Clay Lacy delivers superior safety, service, and value to aircraft owners and jet travelers worldwide. Visit www.claylacy.com