Founded in 1968 by an aviation legend and industry pioneer, Clay Lacy Aviation is the world’s most experienced operator of private jets. For the past 50 years, we have managed, maintained and globally operated jet aircraft from every major manufacturer.
The company has aircraft operations and regional offices across the U.S., including a full-service FBO at Van Nuys Airport in Los Angeles, and FAA Part 145 aircraft maintenance centers in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, and Oxford, Connecticut. With the most knowledgeable team in the industry, Clay Lacy delivers superior safety, service, and value to aircraft owners and jet travelers worldwide.
This position will be based at our Carlsbad, CA facility and requires an experienced A&P Mechanic with supervisory experience and a solid background working with Corporate Jets.
Knowledge of multiple aircraft platforms will be key. A strong Avionics background would be an added plus. The position will require travel and will include occasional overnight travel.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Will supervise and oversee the maintenance technician team based at SNA as well as our SNA-based MRT team.
- Perform troubleshooting, repairs, inspections, modifications, and service on a variety of customer aircraft with minimal supervision.
- Required to travel regularly within and outside of the region to customer aircraft for maintenance-related matters.
- Will require overnight travel.
- Performs and documents all completed work in accordance with all appropriate manuals and regulations as needed.
- Effectively works with the Aircraft Controllers and Quality Assurance Inspector to efficiently execute the aircraft work scope. and
- Will interact with customers and will require strong communication and interpersonal skills to provide exceptional customer experience.
- Promotes an environment that provides the team with opportunities to succeed.
- Contributes to the annual performance evaluation of personnel assigned under their leadership.
- Monitors and documents employee performance throughout the performance period.
- Must attend the customer debrief meeting for all aircraft assigned.
- Assigns maintenance technicians, QC, and support shop technicians to perform the tasks required by the work scope and monitors performance to plan.
- Supervises the daily activities to ensure maximum efficiency and takes necessary action to ensure that all work is completed within schedule and estimated labor and material costs.
- Monitors and controls overtime.
- Ensures that qualified personnel are assigned to every task and ensures the use of applicable technical data.
- Assists the operations manager in identifying additional technical training needs.
- Ensures that aircraft maintenance paperwork and forms are completed in accordance with methods of execution outlined in Clay Lacy Repair Station Manual.
- Is able to provide a comprehensive shift turnover to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Manages aircraft downtime and schedule to ensure timely delivery of a quality product.
- Collaborates with the assigned Controller or Aircraft Maintenance Manager for Work Order Squawk Form approval.
- Collaborates and cooperates with the assigned QA Inspector to achieve aircraft approval for return to service.
- Ensures that crews maintain good housekeeping practices, takes immediate action to maintain a clean safe environment.
- Ensures that assigned crews follow adequate safety precautions and procedures, inspect equipment to ensure it meets company safety and OSHA standards.
- Supervise a continuous safety program in their area of responsibility, including operation of support equipment, aircraft systems, housekeeping, and hazardous materials.
- Supports the Clay Lacy Vision, Mission, and Values statement through the achievement of department goals and objectives contributes to process improvement and the development of strategies that improve customer service and the maintenance process.
- Observes and administers company rules and regulations and safety policy and standard operating procedures.
- A&P Certificate is required.
Experience & Requirements
- 5 to 7+ years of experience, Corporate/Business Jet experience required. Commercial aircraft experience will not be considered instead of Part 91/135 experience.
- Proven supervisory skills essential.
- A strong Avionics highly desired.
- Comply with all Federal Aviation regulations, company operations manual, operations specifications, standard operating procedures, and company policies & procedures.
- Ability to lift 50lbs required.
- Must be able to pass DOT/FAA drug screening, background checks, and submit to random drug/alcohol tests when required.
Skills and Abilities
- Able to effectively communicate with management, peers, and external parties
- Ability to prioritize and organize workflow
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multi-task
- Known for working well with all levels of managers, staff, clients, and vendors
- Able to handle sensitive documents in a very confidential manner
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills
- Able to take initiative and execute assigned tasks in a timely and flawless manner
- Strong teamwork acumen with a profound ability to work under extreme pressure
- Strong passion for working in a fast-paced and result-oriented environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K), and more to employees in full-time positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Please make sure all fields on the application are filled out completely.
Positions in this classification are considered safety-sensitive under DOT/FAA drug and alcohol regulations. All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded in 1968 by legendary aviator and industry pioneer Clay Lacy. Today, Clay Lacy Aviation is considered the world’s most experienced operator of private jets. Prominent individuals and leading corporations trust Clay Lacy for aircraft management, charter, maintenance, avionics, interiors, and FBO services. The company has aircraft operations and regional offices across the U.S., including full-service FBOs in Los Angeles and Orange County, and aircraft maintenance centers in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Oxford, Connecticut. With the most knowledgeable team in the industry, Clay Lacy delivers superior safety, service, and value to aircraft owners and jet travelers worldwide. Visit claylacy.com