Earn up to $65.00 per hour!
Plus Sign-on bonus of $3000.00
Opportunities are currently available for all levels of supervisory experience.
Shift: Swing (Mon – Fri, 2:30 pm to 11:30 pm, 8-hour shift)
Clay Lacy Aviation is looking for a strong, highly experienced Maintenance Supervisor for our full-service FBO at Van Nuys airport and future FBO network (KVNY). If you meet the minimum requirements in this job description and are goal-oriented, dedicated, proactive, and enjoy a customer-centric culture, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
The Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the efficient execution of the work scope and the maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations performed under the authority of the Clay Lacy FAA Certificated Repair Station and promotes the Clay Lacy Aviation vision, mission, and values to create a positive team environment that raises the level of safety, service and value for our customers and employees.
- Effectively works with the Aircraft Controllers and Quality Assurance Inspector to efficiently execute the aircraft work scope. and
- Communicates effectively with customers as required.
- Promotes an environment that provides the team with opportunities to succeed.
- Contributes to the annual performance evaluation of personnel assigned under their leadership.
- Monitors and documents employee performance throughout the performance period.
- Must attend the customer debrief meeting for all aircraft assigned.
- Assigns maintenance technicians, QC, and support shop technicians to perform the tasks required by the work scope and monitors performance to plan.
- Supervises the daily activities to ensure maximum efficiency and takes necessary action to ensure that all work is completed within schedule and estimated labor and material costs.
- Monitors and controls overtime.
- Ensures that qualified personnel are assigned to every task and ensures the use of applicable technical data.
- Assists the operations manager in identifying additional technical training needs.
- Ensures that aircraft maintenance paperwork and forms are completed in accordance with methods of execution outlined in the Clay Lacy Repair Station Manual.
- Is able to provide a comprehensive shift turnover to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Manages aircraft downtime and schedule to ensure timely delivery of a quality product.
- Collaborates with the assigned Controller or Aircraft Maintenance Manager for Work Order Squawk Form approval.
- Collaborates and cooperates with the assigned QA Inspector to achieve aircraft approval for return to service.
- Ensures that crews maintain good housekeeping practices, take immediate action to maintain a clean safe environment.
- Ensures that assigned crews follow adequate safety precautions and procedures, inspect equipment to ensure it meets company safety and OSHA standards.
- Supervise a continuous safety program in their area of responsibility, including operation of support equipment, aircraft systems, housekeeping, and hazardous materials.
- Supports the Clay Lacy Vision, Mission, and Values statement through the achievement of department goals and objectives contributes to process improvement and the development of strategies that improve customer service and the maintenance process.
- Observe and administer company rules and regulations and safety policy and standard operating procedures.
- A&P Certification
- Minimum of 3-5+ years of experience.
- Supervisory experience
- Corporate aircraft maintenance experience is a MUST
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to prioritize and organize workflow
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to multi-task.
- Known for working well with all levels of managers, staff, clients, and vendors.
- Able to handle sensitive documents in a very confidential manner.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Able to take initiative and execute assigned tasks in a timely and flawless manner.
- Strong teamwork acumen with a profound ability to work under extreme pressure.
- Strong passion for working in a fast-paced and result-oriented environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Committed to providing excellent customer service at all times.
- Team-oriented dedication to great customer service and the ability to inspire that commitment in others.
- Thorough knowledge of the general aviation industry, aircraft makes and models, and ground support suppliers.
- Strong understanding of safety training and risk management.
- Other responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Comply with all Federal Aviation regulations, company operations manual, operations specifications, standard operating procedures, and company policies & procedures.
- Must be able to pass DOT/FAA drug screening, background checks and submit to random drug/alcohol tests when required.
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K) and more to employees in full-time positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded in 1968 by legendary aviator and industry pioneer Clay Lacy. Today, Clay Lacy Aviation is considered the world’s most experienced operator of private jets. Prominent individuals and leading corporations trust Clay Lacy for aircraft management, charter, maintenance, avionics, interiors, and FBO services. The company has aircraft operations and regional offices across the U.S., including full-service FBOs in Los Angeles and Orange County, and aircraft maintenance centers in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Oxford, Connecticut. With the most knowledgeable team in the industry, Clay Lacy delivers superior safety, service, and value to aircraft owners and jet travelers worldwide. Visit claylacy.com