Weekend Shift: Friday — Monday [10 hours per Day]
Clay Lacy Aviation has been providing private jet services around the globe since 1968. Taking pride in the pursuit of perfection is at the center of everything that we do. Our most valuable asset is our experienced team. If you are goal-oriented, dedicated, proactive and enjoy a customer-centric culture, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
The Aircraft Maintenance Technician reports to the Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor and is responsible for the efficient execution of the work scope and for the maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations performed under the authority of the Clay Lacy FAA Certificated Repair Station. All applicants must submit to pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All applicants must submit to pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Experience & Requirements
- A&P Certificate required.
- 3+ years of experience, Corporate/Business Jet experience required. Commercial/Part 121 experience will not be considered as alternatives to Corporate/Business Jet experience.
- Avionics skillset or knowledge a strong plus.
- Comply with all Federal Aviation regulations, company operations manual, operations specifications, standard operating procedures and company policies & procedures.
- Must be able to pass DOT/FAA drug screening, background checks and submit to random drug/alcohol test when required.
- Performs general to complex maintenance task on assigned aircraft and related systems. This shall include, but not limited to items such as removal and installation of panels and components, repair work, and sheet metal repair or installation.
- Performs aircraft mechanic duties that require strong level of repair knowledge and troubleshooting.
- Examines, disassembles and inspects engines, parts or other components for wear, warping, breaks, leaks or other non-conformities or deficiencies.
- Assembles and installs electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand tools and power tools.
- Services and maintains aircraft systems by performing tasks, including, but not limited to flushing crankcase, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
- Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft structures, functional components, and parts, such as wings and fuselage, rigging, and hydraulic units.
- Disassemble/Reassemble aircraft, systems, or components, following drawings, engineering orders and technical publications.
- Reads and interprets aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Adjusts, aligns, and calibrates aircraft systems, using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
- Uses current, applicable technical data.
- Adheres to all company and OSHA regulated policies and procedures.
- Maintains outstanding attendance record.
- Adheres and promotes the Clay Lacy Vision, Mission and Values daily.
- Maintains proficiency with tools, techniques and acceptable practices used to perform maintenance and alteration duties.
- Documents all work performed including references to technical data used on work order squawk form and other forms as required.
- Documents all parts and/or equipment removed from or installed on aircraft on the removal and installation forms.
- Ensures material has been properly received prior to installing on aircraft.
- Verifies material shelf life has not expired prior to use.
- Verifies calibrated tooling calibration due date and condition prior to use.
- Documents identified discrepancies on Discrepancy Collection Form.
- Does not deviate from technical data unless appropriate approvals are obtained.
- Promotes an efficient and professional work environment.
- Participates in Continuous Improvement projects as directed.
- Needs to be available to work different shifts and weekends as requested.
- Able to travel away from primary facility for training and work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate with management, peers and external parties
- Ability to prioritize and organize workflow
- Maintains shop facility, equipment and tooling when required.
- Works independently on projects when required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Known for working well with all levels of managers, staff, clients and vendors
- Ability to handle sensitive documents in a very confidential manner
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to take initiative and execute assigned tasks in a timely and flawless manner
- Strong teamwork acumen with a profound ability to work under extreme pressure
- Strong passion for working in a fast paced and result oriented environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- HS Diploma or equivalent required; AA/AS or equivalent preferred
- A&P Certificate required.
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K) and more to employees in full-time positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Positions in this classification are considered safety-sensitive under DOT/FAA drug and alcohol regulations.