Aircraft Management, Sr. Director
Clay Lacy Aviation has been providing private jet services around the globe since 1968. Taking pride in the pursuit of perfection is at the center of everything that we do. Our most valuable asset is our experienced team. If you are goal-oriented, dedicated, proactive, and enjoy a customer-centric culture, we would love to get to know you better.
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- Approximately 25% to 30% of domestic travel
The Sr. Director of Aircraft Management is responsible for the overall success of the managed fleet within his or her defined portfolio. This position will lead all aspects of our aircraft management function, including the development and execution of comprehensive strategies to optimize the performance, value, and service to the defined fleet. You will play a pivotal role in driving growth, managing risks, and ensuring the successful achievement of our service and financial goals. This position requires a strong blend of leadership, financial acumen, strategic thinking, and industry expertise.
Portfolio Strategy and Optimization
- Facilitate and lead aircraft management strategies that align with organizational goals and objectives, service requirements, market conditions, and agreed client expectations.
- Analyze and evaluate the performance of the portfolio, identifying opportunities for enhancement, efficiencies in service delivery, and value creation both internally and externally.
- Conduct market research, industry analysis, and feasibility studies to inform the aircraft management team to improve service and optimization strategies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive service performance, fleet growth, and value creation for existing and new services.
Fleet Growth & Sales
- Manage the ACM Team in one’s Pod through pipeline progress and performance. Conduct weekly sales meetings and monthly one-on-ones to document progress, feedback, and workflow balancing.
- Reasonably reduce your individual sales effort to allow resources for servant leadership of the team, managing of the budget, and support with pitching, negotiation, and strategy as needed.
- Work closely with the SVP of Commercial Operations for effective production and management of the sales process and performance within the ACM team.
- Follow and exceed performance as outlined in the Sales Plan and Strategic Plan developed for the DBD (outbound, inbound, and influencer activities)
- Utilizing Tail P&L Financial Model, ensure CLA is making targeted and meaningful client and new business decisions.
- Maintain the Influencer Management Program in conjunction with CLA stakeholders for messaging and relationships.
- Be a champion of the CLA Sales Process and manage that through your assigned POD
Financial Analysis and Performance Management
- Responsible for the overall financial performance of each assigned account.
- Oversight of financial performance and financial management of each team member
- Management of discounts and concessions
- Review and analysis of weekly financial reports
- Oversee the financial performance of the assigned fleet including aircraft profit statements, deposit performance, charter goals, client valuations, risk assessment, and performance forecasting.
- Monitor and evaluate key performance indicators (KPIs) to track fleet performance, identify trends, and implement corrective actions when necessary.
- Develop and implement strategies to optimize financial performance, initiatives, and cost management.
- Prepare and present comprehensive financial reports and presentations to senior management, and cross-functional stakeholders as necessary.
Risk Management and Regulatory Compliance
- Identify, assess, and manage risks associated with the assigned fleet through established internal aircraft management practices and processes.
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies, contingency plans, and monitoring mechanisms to minimize potential service degradation and protect service value.
- Ensure you are reasonably informed on compliance with relevant FARs as they relate to Clay Lacy’s current processes. Also be reasonably informed on non-regulated industry practices and operational standards completed by 3rd party vendors (Brokers, MROs, Programs Service Providers).
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging risks, and regulatory changes, adapting strategies and practices accordingly in line with senior management.
Team Leadership and Collaboration
- Provide strong leadership, guidance, and mentorship to a team of aircraft managers, fostering a high-performance and collaborative work environment.
- Set clear objectives, delegate responsibilities, and monitor progress to ensure effective execution of aircraft management strategies, service level objectives, and client expectations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Operations, maintenance, FBO, accounting, and charter, to drive cohesive and integrated aircraft management initiatives.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with external stakeholders, including influencers, partners, and service providers.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Aviation Management, 3+ years of management experience required.
Minimum of 7 years of direct industry experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Proven leadership capabilities, with the ability to inspire and motivate teams to achieve exceptional results.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent strategic thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to synthesize complex information and make data-driven decisions.
- Strong understanding of legal and regulatory requirements related to aviation management and operations.
- Strong teamwork acumen with a profound ability to work under extreme pressure.
- Strong passion for working in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Superior presentation and communication skills
- A creative driver who is also goal driven and detail-oriented
- Exemplify consistent professionalism, good humor, and ethical behavior.
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K), and more to employees in full-time positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded in 1968 by legendary aviator and industry pioneer Clay Lacy. Today, Clay Lacy Aviation is considered the world’s most experienced operator of private jets. Prominent individuals and leading corporations trust Clay Lacy for aircraft management, charter, maintenance, avionics, interiors, and FBO services. The company has aircraft operations and regional offices across the U.S., including full-service FBOs in Los Angeles and Orange County, and aircraft maintenance centers in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Oxford, Connecticut. With the most knowledgeable team in the industry, Clay Lacy delivers superior safety, service, and value to aircraft owners and jet travelers worldwide. Visit claylacy.com