Clay Lacy Aviation has been providing private jet services around the globe since 1968. Taking pride in the pursuit of perfection is at the center of everything that we do. Our most valuable asset is our experienced team. If you are goal-oriented, dedicated, proactive, and enjoy a customer-centric culture, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
The Painter reports to the Interiors Supervisor and is responsible for the efficient execution of painting and polishing the aircraft under the authority of the Clay Lacy FAA Certificated Repair Station.
- Safely prepare, paint and detail aircraft according to
- Assist other
- Perform aircraft preparation, painting, and detailing of aircraft under minimal
- Uses current, applicable technical
- Follow SOP’s when equipment, sanders, hydraulic lift platforms, sealants, paint strippers and paint sprayers.
- Adheres to all company and OSHA and FAA regulated policies and
- Maintains outstanding attendance
- Adheres and promotes the Clay Lacy Vision, Mission, and Values
- Maintain proficiency with tools, techniques, and acceptable practices used to perform maintenance and alteration duties.
- Documenting all work performed including references to technical data used on work order squawk form and other forms as
- Verify material shelf life has not expired prior to
- Verify calibrated tooling calibration due date and condition prior to
- Promote an efficient and professional work
- Participates in Continuous Improvement projects as
- Needs to be available to work different shifts and weekends as requested
- Able to travel away from the primary facility for training and work
- Perform other duties as required
High School Diploma required.
Minimum of 3 years of corporate aircraft, business jet painting experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Able to effectively communicate with management, peers, and external parties
- Ability to prioritize and organize workflow
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multi-task
- Known for working well with all levels of managers, staff, clients, and vendors
- Able to handle sensitive documents in a very confidential manner
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills
- Able to take initiative and execute assigned tasks in a timely and flawless manner
- Strong teamwork acumen with a profound ability to work under extreme pressure
- Strong passion for working in a fast-paced and result-oriented environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Other responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to pass drug screening and background checks.
- Comply with all Federal Aviation regulations, company operations manual, operations specifications, standard operating procedures, and company policies & procedures.
- Must be able to pass DOT/FAA drug screening, background checks and submit to random drug/alcohol tests when required.
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K), and more to employees in full-time positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Positions in this classification are considered safety-sensitive under DOT/FAA drug and alcohol regulations.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded in 1968 by legendary aviator and industry pioneer Clay Lacy. Today, Clay Lacy Aviation is considered the world’s most experienced operator of private jets. Prominent individuals and leading corporations trust Clay Lacy for aircraft management, charter, maintenance, avionics, interiors, and FBO services. The company has aircraft operations and regional offices across the U.S., including full-service FBOs in Los Angeles and Orange County, and aircraft maintenance centers in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Oxford, Connecticut. With the most knowledgeable team in the industry, Clay Lacy delivers superior safety, service, and value to aircraft owners and jet travelers worldwide. Visit claylacy.com