Location: Oxford, CT
Clay Lacy Aviation has been providing private jet services around the globe since 1968. Taking pride in the pursuit of perfection is at the center of everything that we do. Our most valuable asset is our experienced team. If you are goal-oriented, dedicated, proactive and enjoy a customer-centric culture, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
The position is located at our Newly certified FAA repair station at Waterbury-Oxford Airport [KOXC] which supports aircraft owners and flight departments in New York and the northeastern U.S.
Assistant Director of Maintenance reports to the Director of Maintenance for regulatory functions and to the Vice President of Maintenance operationally. Individual is responsible for all aspects of Aircraft Maintenance Management on all part 135 and 91 aircraft. The responsibilities include managing employees, Planning, Quoting, Scheduling, Oversight of Maintenance projects, to include pre-purchase evaluations, Aircraft 135 conformity, aircraft deliveries and adheres and promotes the Clay Lacy Vision, Mission and Values daily.
- Serve as an active member of the Clay Lacy Team, share its vision, mission and values.
- Adhere to policies and procedures of Clay Lacy Aviation.
- Must have excellent Leadership Skills to Mentor and Motivate employees.
- Will be representing 135 aircraft management during FAA audits and visits when DOM is not available.
- Ensures the timely completion of forecasting and budgeting the upcoming Maintenance events by assigned DOMs or Maintenance Controllers annually.
- Ensures that all DOMs and MX-Controllers Maintain the aircraft to the highest standard through complying with preventive maintenance, best mechanical practices.
- Understand and Plan for upcoming regulatory mandates to maintain aircraft status and support upcoming missions
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and tasks.
- Willing to travel to oversee aircraft projects and inspections.
- Willingness to work long and sometimes irregular hours.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Establishing and maintain records as required by the FAR’s, manufactures, and company policies.
- Ensuring that high level of customer service is provided to the company employees and clients.
- Representing the company in aviation matters through trade associations, the FAA, state or municipal aviation bodies, airport management, community organizations and contract agencies as directed.
- Maintaining high morale through an awareness of company and department policies, employee development programs and periodic department meetings for the two-way communication of ideas, goals and objectives.
- Communicates safety issues to CLA Home Base Safety Officer.
- Must have broad knowledge of and experience with the maintenance of corporate aircraft category.
- Requires an Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certificate and an Inspection Authorization (IA).
- Responsible for managing a team of Maintenance Controllers.
- Responsible for managing a team of Aircraft Assigned Director of Maintenance personnel.
- Assists with development of department policies.
- Assists with preparation of the annual operating budget.
- Assists with assessment of aircraft cost studies.
- Assists with establishment of performance appraisal procedures and dismissal standards.
- Establishing and maintaining records as required by FARs, manufacturers and company policy.
- Monitoring these records, if maintained by an outside agency.
- Establishing maintenance safety rules and procedures.
- Ensuring that department personnel are thoroughly familiar with company policies, appropriate FARs, pertinent manuals, practices and publications.
- Helping coordinate activities of the maintenance department with flight operations.
- Helping ensure that maintenance and flight crew personnel understand the company’s objectives.
To achieve the mission for this position, the Assistant Director of Maintenance must produce the following critical actions and results:
- Organizational Development- Create the necessary infrastructure which will be able to supports CLA’s five-year Strategic Plan, one that is scalable to support this growth and improves our Aircraft onboarding for part 9, Onboarding and conformity for part 135 aircraft. This will include:
- Train and create aircraft oversight/onboarding crew possibly using existing resources, this would include trained technicians who are able to Represent CLA, have the right technical background to evaluate used aircraft general condition, to be able to provide oversight during a pre-purchase evaluation, to be able to conduct 135 conformity or any part 91 on-boarding support functions.
- Standardize all the forms/checklists used to perform any of the tasks required during the on boarding of an aircraft.
- Develop the necessary skill sets as needed to support new organizational structure and support future growth.
- Complete the CLA aircraft on-boarding SOP- working closely with our subscription Manager complete the aircraft onboarding SOP, test and improve the process to finalize by the end of Q2.
- CLA Operational Safety-
- Implement initiatives to ensure a proactive / safety driven culture for CLA’s Operations and Maintenance team. Drive to completions the flowing projects:
- FOQA implementation.
- Implement Audit SOPs to include:
- Part135 Aircraft Records
- Part 91 Aircraft Records
- 145 Vendors
- Remote Based DOMs
- Local Based DOMs
- Support Aircraft Management Sales Team- as required, support CLA’s Aircraft Managements Sales team in closing deals with potential customers. As the face of CLA, it is critical that we reflect and project an industry leading Flight Operations to level 1 customers.
- CLA Control Center- Ensure that CLA MX Control fully supports CLA’s Control Center in VNY.
- Pilot Indoctrination Process- Attend each pilot Indoc event to provide 135 MX oversight, communication, and process training and include introduction of the MX controller. assigned.
- Education: 4-year College Degree Preferred
Should possess a minimum of Ten (10); years of A&P related duties with some experience in maintaining the type of aircraft in interest. A minimum of three (3) years of experience in managing Aircraft and DOM duties. Must be familiar with FAR Part 135 regulations.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to prioritize and organize work flow.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill.
- Able to handle sensitive documents in a very confidential manner.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Able to take initiative and execute assigned tasks in a timely and flawless manner.
- Strong teamwork acumen with a profound ability to work under extreme pressure.
- Strong passion for working in a fast paced and result oriented environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Superior presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent project & time management capabilities.
- A creative driver who is also goal driven and detail oriented.
- Exemplify consistent professionalism, good humor and ethical behavior.
- Strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills.
- Must possess and maintain a current and valid US issued FAA A&P Certificate.
- Must submit to and be capable of passing a required drug test.