Clay Lacy Aviation is looking for a strong, highly experienced Lead Cabin Attendant and Floater for our full-service FBOs. If you meet the minimum requirements in this job description and are goal-oriented, dedicated, proactive, and enjoy a customer-centric culture, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
This position will provide operational, administrative, scheduling, and training assistance to the Inflight Services Department. The primary focus with Entry into Service training for Cabin Attendants and support in the onboarding and outfitting of incoming aircraft. This position is also responsible for providing the highest quality of service and amenities to all Clay Lacy Aviation clientele, including internal events and projects.
- Assists the Inflight Management team with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and managing cabin attendants
- Point person for Inflight-related needs for pool/ floater Cabin Attendants.
- Performs and schedules Entry into Service training for Cabin Attendants
- Assists with Inflight modules for Entry into Service training for pilots
- Assist in safety audits such Argus, Wyvern, and EJM regarding Cabin Attendant requirements and training records
- Supports training of cabin attendants to include line checks, service, safety, and general training
- Maintains the flight schedule and compiles monthly on-demand flight reports
- Aid in recruiting, hiring, and onboarding new cabin attendants
- Aids as first flight mentor.
- Schedule cabin attendants for safety training
- Audits training records
- Assists with content for Crew Resources Intranet Page
- Ensures that company communication is acknowledged and adhered to.
- Assists with ensuring that client profiles are regularly updated.
- Inventory and outfit aircraft as needed.
- Provide Cabin Service on various aircraft to accommodate the Clay Lacy flight schedule
- Facilitate and organize Inflight needs such as sourcing and preparing the aircraft with amenities, catering, and special requests. Ensure amenities are fresh; aircraft is clean, organized, and ready for departure or showing.
- Provide and submit trip documents such as expenses and surveys at an appropriate time
- Report on any interior blemishes to Maintenance, PIC, and Inflight Service managers
- Create new opportunities by developing relationships with customers, tenants, the airport authority, local government, and the community.
- Assist in internal events and projects
- Support remote FBOs by instilling Inflight Systems, organizing storage for new and existing aircraft, and implementing Inflight standardization.
- Participate in Clay Lacy SMS (Safety Management System) program
- Review and uphold policies and procedures
- Other responsibilities as requested or assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Able to work in a high pace industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoy a high degree of customer interaction
- Able to work a flexible schedule and work on-call shifts to support the 24/7 nature of the flight schedule
- Ability to provide excellent service to clients or owners with high or unreasonable expectations
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and with minimal direction
- Pro-active and creative problem solver
- Ability to preserve a positive demeanor, and maintain composure during high-stress situations.
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check
- Must have and maintain a valid California Driver’s License along with a reliable vehicle. Restricted licenses are NOT acceptable for employment at Clay Lacy.
- Valid Passport
- Emergency Training- certificate from approved training facility completed within the past 12 months. Training must include CPR/ First Aid
- Food Handling Certification
- Minimum three years of Cabin Attendant experience
- Must complete indoctrination training
- Must be available to work flexible hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be available to be “on call” unless on a hard-scheduled day off.
- Must be comfortable with working outdoors, day, night, and in all weather conditions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Covid-19 vaccination required.
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K), and more to employees in full-time positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded in 1968 by legendary aviator and industry pioneer Clay Lacy. Today, Clay Lacy Aviation is considered the world’s most experienced operator of private jets. Prominent individuals and leading corporations trust Clay Lacy for aircraft management, charter, maintenance, avionics, interiors, and FBO services. The company has aircraft operations and regional offices across the U.S., including full-service FBOs in Los Angeles and Orange County, and aircraft maintenance centers in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Oxford, Connecticut. With the most knowledgeable team in the industry, Clay Lacy delivers superior safety, service, and value to aircraft owners and jet travelers worldwide. Visit claylacy.com