Clay Lacy Aviation has been providing private jet services around the globe since 1968. Taking pride in the pursuit of perfection is at the center of everything that we do. Our most valuable asset is our experienced team. If you are goal-oriented, dedicated, proactive, and enjoy a customer-centric culture, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
The Charter Account Executive will own and manage several institutional, preferred, and Key Accounts. The role requires focused attention on a select group of larger volume accounts and defers most of the new retail and wholesale segments. The primary role is to optimize large charter accounts as part of our revenue management strategy. The service of those accounts includes charter clientele relationship management, communication, and full-filling efficient solutions. The position will typically support charter sales teams and aircraft management customers through professional teamwork with various departments. The position reports to the VP of Charter Services.
Sales and Service Responsibilities
- Responsible for high-performance sales and service professionals reaching their maximum potential.
- Willing and able to coach, mentor, and support teammates.
- Inlay high-quality charter demand with the fleet of aircraft owners to optimize calendar, crew, and aircraft utilization.
- Resolves customer requests, questions, and concerns, which frequently require analysis of situations to determine best use of resources.
- Supports team effort through courteous and professional interaction, excellent communication, and a genuine desire to service our clients.
- Promotes and maintains a positive image of Clay Lacy Aviation and adheres to the highest level of ethics whether you are communicating verbally, in writing, or in person. Sensitive to the aircraft owners’ needs by using varying degrees of discretion.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Sales Process – Including annual sales plan to meet revenue and margin goals, quotas as a whole and per team member throughout the sales funnel, customer targets and segment approaches general strategies and tactics for an existing business.
- Maintain good communication and expectations between business development, Charter, and Owner services teams.
- Utilize the systems and drive constant improvement and workflow efficiency.
Prefer a BS/BA in business management or the aviation industry or equivalent work experience.
5-10+ years of experience in Charter Department and/or Flight Dispatch Activities. Experience with customer relationships and support is a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience concentrated on business growth, relationship development, and profit enhancement.
- AOG handling experience.
- Promote effective communication up, across, and down.
- Teamwork and ability to lead and motivate a team in different locations.
- Strong ability to problem-solve using analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge about FAR Part 135 and FAR Part 91 Operations
- Committed to providing excellent customer service at all times.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Intermediate level of computer literacy.
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K), and more to employees in full-time positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded in 1968 by legendary aviator and industry pioneer Clay Lacy. Today, Clay Lacy Aviation is considered the world’s most experienced operator of private jets. Prominent individuals and leading corporations trust Clay Lacy for aircraft management, charter, maintenance, avionics, interiors, and FBO services. The company has aircraft operations and regional offices across the U.S., including full-service FBOs in Los Angeles and Orange County, and aircraft maintenance centers in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Oxford, Connecticut. With the most knowledgeable team in the industry, Clay Lacy delivers superior safety, service, and value to aircraft owners and jet travelers worldwide. Visit claylacy.com