Clay Lacy Aviation has been providing private jet services around the globe since 1968. Taking pride in the pursuit of perfection is at the center of everything that we do. Our most valuable asset is our experienced team. If you are goal-oriented, dedicated, proactive, and enjoy a customer-centric culture, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
The Business Development Representative is responsible for driving new business through effective outreach, qualification, and Customer Relationship Management database administration. In this outside sales position based in Seattle, the individual will be responsible for generating and closing new charter business opportunities within the Greater Pacific Northwest area.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
As a key contributor to the Charter Sales team, a BDR will follow a repeatable process to increase the number of net new clients acquired. BDRs are expected to support the department goals of establishing a presence in specific industries and regions that parallel our charter services. Working alongside Senior Sales team members will further your sales education and experience to develop the tools to succeed as a well-rounded sales representative.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Development – Net New
- You will be expected to structure your day to qualifying inbound prospects while researching and engaging with cold prospects
- Qualification of leads will be processed by the established SOPs: asking specific questions and documenting the details needed to make a sound decision of their financial abilities
- Become proficient in our CRM (Workflows, sequences, etc.) to automate the follow-up process and document details to increase the efficiency of Senior Sales being able to close the prospect you qualified
- Become proficient in the CRM, HubSpot
- Participate in events and meetings with prospective clients
- Other responsibilities as requested or assigned
Business Development – Existing Client Leakage
- Uphold the established process of re-engaging previous CLA clients who have not flown with us in the last 24 months.
- Update any missing information in the CRM that best prepares a follow-up conversation related to how to earn their business again
- Follow the sales engagement process through the CRM to document and not lose visibility by emailing and calling them
- Work alongside Senior Sales to support ad-hoc requests to reclaim previous clients
- Become highly skilled at updating the CRM information for every prospect or client in the sales cycle
- Use your task list as a daily guide for what needs to be accomplished
- Proactively add the desired information when researching cold prospects
- Keep the pipeline information detailed and up to date, to ensure accurate reporting for our department
- Operate exclusively from the CRM when outbound prospecting
- Document and provide feedback on the sales process and areas that could be improved or updated to reflect the most efficient approach to finding, earning, and maintaining business
The success of a Business Development Representative is reflected by their contribution to the Outside Sales department’s success. The following metrics/attributes are a baseline of success:
- Number of deals created from cold outreach
- Number of deals created from inbound leads
- Number of Net New prospects contacted
- Close-ratio of deals they handed to Senior Sales
- CRM tasks being completed on time
- Trusted by the team to be available, professional, and lead with results
Experience in a sales environment is preferred. Must have the ability to present and discuss issues with level 1 customers.
PERSONALITY AND CHARACTER
The ideal candidate will have most of the following traits:
- Thoughtful when representing oneself and the company
- Motivated by “No” just as much as “Yes”
- Ability to secure respect and credibility with team members, peers, CLA Leadership Team and prospective CLA customers
- Collaborative working style
- Is focused on their results, not how many hours they work
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Skill in developing and examining operations and procedures, formulating policy and developing and implementing strategies and procedures
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to travel 10-15%
- Strategic thinker, capable of making key decisions quickly.
- Highly responsible, willing to “OWN” the process/project and outcome
The position reports directly to the Director of Outside Sales & Business Development.
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K), and more to employees in full-time positions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
ABOUT CLAY LACY AVIATION
Founded in 1968 by legendary aviator and industry pioneer Clay Lacy. Today, Clay Lacy Aviation is considered the world’s most experienced operator of private jets. Prominent individuals and leading corporations trust Clay Lacy for aircraft management, charter, maintenance, avionics, interiors, and FBO services. The company has aircraft operations and regional offices across the U.S., including a full-service FBO at Van Nuys Airport in Los Angeles, Waterbury-Oxford Airport in Oxford CT, and FAA Part 145 aircraft maintenance centers in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Oxford, CT. With the most knowledgeable team in the industry, Clay Lacy delivers superior safety, service, and value to aircraft owners and jet travelers worldwide.