Clay Lacy Aviation has been providing private jet services around the globe since 1968. Taking pride in the pursuit of perfection is at the center of everything that we do. Our most valuable asset is our experienced team. If you are goal-oriented, dedicated, proactive, and enjoy a customer-centric culture, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
The Director of Revenue Management is responsible for the overall sales process, sales strategy, sales operations, and procurement within and across the charter organization. Additionally, the position is responsible for utilizing reporting and analysis to provide visibility of company and customer charter performance to maximize revenue, create efficiency, and reduce costs wherever possible.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
As a key leader on the Charter Sales team, the Director of Revenue Management will foster an industry-leading sales and sales management process that provides unique value to the company and its customers to allow both to meet and exceed their goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Foster and improve upon CLA’s charter sales process for both outside and inside charter sales according to customer segment – clear, measurable definition of each stage in the pipeline as well as how each team interacts throughout the process and with customers
- Maintain and manage sales process documentation
- Train documented sales process across sales teams
- Ongoing development and ownership as a subject matter expert of sales process enablement tools in HubSpot, FL3XX, and other platforms as determined
Effectiveness and Efficiencies of Sales Teams
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness and efficiency of the sales process
- Establish clear interaction between outside sales, inside sales, and flight coordination
- Create, manage, train to procedures/playbooks that support the sales process and sales enablement tools
- Be an active and contributing member of the Continuous Improvement Program team representing the charter sales organization
- Architect, manage and run daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly and annual sales meetings with the sales teams and with company leadership
- Train, coach, and motivate sales staff though one-on-one interactions and group initiatives
Sales Planning, Reporting, and Analysis
- Planning – Including annual sales plan for both teams (revenue and margin goals, quotas as a whole and per team member throughout the sales funnel, customer targets and segments approaches, general strategies and tactics for existing and new business) as well as expense budgets and managed fleet goals
- Analysis – Performance against the components of the sales plan and ad hoc as required
- Reporting – Generate dashboard and establish an accessible reporting package with both lagging and leading KPI’s to report the performance of the organization to assist and motivate the sales team as well as provide visibility to company leadership
- Forecasting – Analyze previous period customer activity and assist sales teams in building micro strategies to target customers on a monthly basis and provide visibility into future availability of managed fleet to maximize its use
- Pipeline reviews – Establish reporting packages by individuals to provide visibility into areas of strength and weakness
- Performance – Understand the relationship between managed aircraft charter expectation and company performance and establish strategies to improve or adjust as needed (see engineering)
- Marketing – Work with marketing to connect lead generation into the sales process as defined
- Tools – Become a subject matter expert in all available reporting tools and participate in ensuring the required visibility is accessible to accomplish company goals
- Through reporting and analysis, work with sales teams and charter customers to understand, compare, and contrast charter solutions and troubleshoot problems or gaps with their current solutions.
- Through reporting and analysis, work with the Managed FP&A and Aircraft Management teams to help aircraft owners understand the nuances of charter markets, pricing approaches and company performance against established revenue and cost goals
- Work with the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis to better align each aircraft owner’s charter goals with the Clay Lacy Charter Department’s Sales Goals, and take additional actions as needed
- Management of charter customer RFP projects
- Liaison with Aircraft Management Sales and Aircraft Management when setting goals and expectations for charter revenue in a given period
- Participation in creating or modifying company charter products and services to innovate offerings over time
- Analyze, adjust and develop pricing strategies to meet the needs of the company and aircraft owners
- Review industry trends and conduct competitive analyses to drive sales and improve approach and understanding of market dynamics
- Other responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Reduce trip-related costs while increasing value and revenues to CLA and our customers
- Maintain industry relationships with primary vendors to continually enhance the relationship and provide value to CLA
- Track, compare, report, and improve procurement strategies relating to trip-related expenses in fuel, travel, and related support services
A bachelor’s degree with 7-10 years’ experience directly related to duties and responsibilities specified or equivalent combination of education and experience. Project management, quality management experience desired.
Experience operating within a business jet Aircraft Management or Aircraft Charter environment is desired. Must have the ability to present and discuss issues with level 1 customers.
Personality and Character
The ideal candidate will have most of the following traits:
- Strong technical, analytical, and business leadership skills.
- Strong organizational change agent.
- Ability to secure respect and credibility with team members, peers, CLA Leadership Team, and CLA customers.
- Collaborative working style.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Skill in developing and examining operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing strategies and procedures
- Employee development and performance management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to travel 10-15%
- Able to delegate when required, but also able and willing to work hands-on.
- Strategic thinker, capable of making key decisions quickly.
- Highly responsible, willing to “OWN” the process/project and outcome.
- Must be able to pass drug screening and background checks.
The position reports solid line to the Vice President and dotted line to the VP, Charter
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded in 1968 by world-renowned pilot Clay Lacy, Clay Lacy Aviation (CLA) operates one of the largest fleets of charter and managed aircraft in the world. The company’s fixed-based operations in Los Angeles and Seattle set the industry standard for corporate aviation facilities and amenities. CLA offers a complete range of aircraft charter, management, sales, acquisitions, maintenance, avionics, and interior completion services, and is an authorized service center for the Embraer Phenom 100 and 300 and Quest Kodiak. Home to an award-winning Class 3 & 4 maintenance repair station, CLA’s factory-trained technicians provide 24-hour on-site and mobile maintenance support. For more information, visit www.claylacy.com.