Clay Lacy Aviation has been providing private jet services around the globe since 1968. Taking pride in the pursuit of perfection is at the center of everything that we do. Our most valuable asset is our experienced team. If you are goal-oriented, dedicated, proactive, and enjoy a customer-centric culture, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
The Charter Specialist is responsible for delivering exceptional aviation experiences to Clay Lacy Charter Customers. Additionally, they are to increase revenue and margin for Clay Lacy’s managed charter fleet and marketplace. A successful employee will be expected to have excellent negotiation, relationship development, presentation skills, high energy, and the desire to please the customer. The service of those accounts includes charter clientele relationship management, communication, and full-filling efficient solutions off fleet when required. The position reports to the VP of Charter Services.
Sales and Service Responsibilities
- Demonstrates experience and competency in developing and managing relationships with both sides of the transactions, charter customers, aircraft owners, and suppliers.
- Responsible for high-performance sales and service professionals reaching their maximum potential.
- Manage a dynamic inbound pipeline of quotes and opportunities to balance volume and quality charter for aircraft owners.
- Manage the dynamic supply of the fleet and off fleet options to balance the solution and value for the charter customer.
- Inlay high-quality charter demand with the fleet of aircraft owners to optimize calendar, crew, and aircraft utilization.
- Resolves customer requests, questions, and concerns, which frequently require analysis of situations to determine the best use of resources.
- Supports team effort through courteous and professional interaction, excellent communication, and a genuine desire to service our clients.
- Promotes and maintains a positive image of Clay Lacy Aviation and adheres to the highest level of ethics whether you are communicating verbally, in writing, or in person. Sensitive to the aircraft owners’ needs by using varying degrees of discretion.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Sales Process – Including an annual sales plan to meet revenue and margin goals, quotas as a whole and per team member throughout the sales funnel, customer targets and segment approaches, and general strategies, and tactics for an existing business.
- Maintain good communication and expectations between business development, Charter, and Owner services teams.
- Utilize the systems and drive constant improvement and workflow efficiency.
Prefer a BS/BA in business management or the aviation industry or equivalent work experience.
1-3 years of experience in Charter Department and/or Flight Dispatch Activities. Experience with customer relationships and support is a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience concentrated on business growth, relationship development, and profit enhancement.
- AOG handling experience.
- Promote effective communication up, across, and down.
- Teamwork and ability to lead and motivate a team in different locations.
- Strong ability to problem-solve using analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge about FAR Part 135 and FAR Part 91 Operations
- Committed to providing excellent customer service at all times.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Intermediate level of computer literacy.
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K), and more to employees in full-time positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded in 1968 by legendary aviator and industry pioneer Clay Lacy. Today, Clay Lacy Aviation is considered the world’s most experienced operator of private jets. Prominent individuals and leading corporations trust Clay Lacy for aircraft management, charter, maintenance, avionics, interiors, and FBO services. The company has aircraft operations and regional offices across the U.S., including full-service FBOs in Los Angeles and Orange County, and aircraft maintenance centers in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Oxford, Connecticut. With the most knowledgeable team in the industry, Clay Lacy delivers superior safety, service, and value to aircraft owners and jet travelers worldwide. Visit claylacy.com