Position: Chief Inspector
Location: Los Angeles, CA
The Chief Inspector reports to the Quality Control Manager and is responsible for performing aircraft inspections and for the maintenance, preventive maintenance and alterations performed under the authority of the Clay Lacy Aviation FAA Certificated Repair Station.
- Managing and delegating to the repair stations inspection staff ensuring the quality and production needs are maintained.
- Perform, and have oversight of inspection personnel/activity, including Preliminary, Hidden Damage, In-Progress and Final inspections/RTS of aircraft articles processed by the Repair Station and assuring proper recording of results.
- Ensure compliance with pertinent FAA regulations, manufacturer’s technical data/approved supplements, RSM/QCM and customer requirements.
- Report all quality related issues to the QA Manager as soon as the Facility Manager is advised and ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- Perform duties delegated by Quality Assurance Manager.
- Directly responsible for the compliance with the FAA Approved training program manual; including indoctrination, initial, recurrent, ongoing, semi-annual, and specialized training.
- Ensure any applicable Airworthiness Directive are posted and are being used and verify compliance with all other supplements, approvals, requirements.
- Performing semi-annual internal audit of the repair station and any approved contractors.
- Provide feedback/suggestion to improve customer satisfaction.
- Communicate with customers and regulatory agencies during audits or visits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school and/or 48 Months related experience.
Minimum of 2+ years of experience as a lead inspector or manager in related aviation field.
5 years’ aviation related industry experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Confident personality with the ability to interface/communicate with the authorities and customers
- Strong knowledge of FAA regulations and Part 145 requirements.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a high activity/fast paced environment while managing associated stress.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Knowledge of quality control.
- Ability to perform consistent and sometimes constant research.
- Ability to establish procedures.
- Ability to work under frequent changing priorities.
- Ability to select and evaluate priorities.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to work within deadlines and utilize resources to meet those deadlines.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong teamwork acumen with a profound ability to work under extreme pressure.
- Strong passion for working in a fast paced and result oriented environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.