Position: Corporate Controller
Location: Van Nuys, CA
Clay Lacy Aviation is considered the most experienced and distinguished operator of private jets in the world. To support our continued growth and expansion, we are seeking a high potential Controller to serve as the lead point person on all day-to-day accounting and reporting matters, including forecasting, budgeting, monthly reporting, treasury, and cash management.
Reporting to the CFO, we are seeking a Corporate Controller who specializes in systems development and implementation. You must have a strong traditional accounting and finance background and will oversee all closing, internal and external reporting, FP&A, and AP/AR activity for the company. All accounting functions will report to this position. Aviation experience not necessary.
Key Position Objectives
Work closely with department leaders to acquire a strong understanding of the individual LOB and provide analysis on budget forecast variances;
- Develop KPI and financial metrics to significantly improve reporting and analysis for each LOB and secure buy-in from key stakeholders on proposed metrics, reporting processes and schedules and continually evaluate these metrics and the information it provides
- Institute a definitive financial closing process that drives reporting deadline, accountability and adherence to closing dates
- Solidify methodologies to formalize and drive the budgeting and FP&A process. You will also work with department heads to achieve additional levels of granularity to reflect strong financial and operational logic.
- Oversee cash planning / forecasting / reporting, and lead the company’s interactions with its banking relationships to support growth activities and optimize cash flow and proactively manage working capital with a focus on A/R
Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the specific objectives described above, you will be responsible for the following:
- Full maintenance of the company general ledger, chart of accounts, and all financial records
- Implementation and supervision of the long and short-term financial projections and forecasts.
- Close management of company A/P, A/R, fixed assets, and payroll
- Company financial reporting including the preparation of regular financial statements, necessary regulatory filings, and specialized management reports
- Provide key business analytics related to: Profitability, Performance against budget, Cost Accounting / Standard Costing, Operating effectiveness of overall organization
- Prepare reports that outline the company’s financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on the past, present, and future operations
- Responsible for tax planning with the company’s external tax accountants and compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or another related field. CPA required. MBA or Master’s degree a plus.
Experience and Skillsets:
- 10+ years of experience in accounting, government reporting, and auditing. Significant experience public accounting is required.
- Candidate must have extensive experience with corporate level consolidations.
- Aviation experience is not required; the ideal candidate will have background in the professional services industry, such as: Banking, Financial Services, Law, Management Consulting, Construction Management, Real Estate and/or Property Management.
- Highly Intelligent, personable, and dynamic to influence and work effectively with an array of experienced senior company executives, bank contacts, as well as high net worth owners of aircraft.
- Energetic day-to-day “Roll up the sleeves and get it done” mentality.
- Strong combination of strategic thinking and tactical implementation skills;
- Excellent leader and manager of people with the ability to motivate, attract, develop, and retain “A” level talent.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven mentality.
- Ability to lead and persuade with excellent communication skills, written and verbal.