Position : Corporate Recruiter
Location : Van Nuys, CA
The Corporate Recruiter reports to the Vice President of Human Resources and will be responsible for end-to-end recruiting activities including the creative development and execution of sourcing strategies and recruiting plans. The Corporate Recruiter attracts and hires the best aviation talent while maintaining a pipeline of qualified talent.
Ideal candidates for this role will have corporate recruiting experience, strong business acumen, excellent organizational and communication skills and an ability to build strong relationships with candidates and internal clients. This position will provide invaluable experience and opportunity for growth within a fast-paced and dynamic organization
- Analyze resumes and recruit for potential quality employees.
- Build applicant sources by researching community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, social media, and website forums.
- Provide organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport.
- Establish recruiting necessities by meeting with managers to discuss needs.
- Develop a customized candidate search strategy based on specific job opening.
- Strongly focus on sourcing passive candidates through networking, cold calling, complex internet searches and research.
- Establish relationships with internal client groups to get a full understanding of their business objectives, business challenges and corporate culture.
- Drive a strong candidate and client experience through a high touch and consultative recruiting process.
- Partner with Hiring Managers to set recruiting strategies that include sourcing passive and diverse candidates and managing the flow of employee referrals and internal candidates.
- Attract, source and screen applicants using a variety of innovative techniques including social networking and direct sourcing, while staying abreast of developing market conditions and trends in the online media space.
- Manage the full-cycle management of the selection process including coordinating the scheduling of interviews, soliciting feedback from both the hiring manager as well as the candidate and preparing and extending offers.
- Determine applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications.
- Evaluate applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with management team based on consistent set of qualifications.
- Arrange and Conduct detailed initial interviews and report findings to management team.
- Process new employee paperwork and conduct new hire training with chosen candidates.
- Understand current legislation; enforcing regulations with managers and owners.
- Negotiate complex offers to close candidates by leveraging your experience with competing for top technical talent.
- Maintain and modify job postings and advertisements within the ICIMS ATS platform, electronic sourcing boards, external websites, publications, colleges and reference centers to source talent.
- Utilizes applicant tracking system to maintain accurate and up-to-date recruitment and applicant files and proper disposition of candidates
- Perform other duties as required
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
Five years related experience with at least three years of related general aviation management experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Team-oriented dedication to great customer service and the ability to inspire that commitment in others.
- Thorough knowledge of the general aviation industry, aircraft makes and models, and ground support suppliers.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical skills, problem-solving ability and strong critical thinking skills.
- Experience working with Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Proven ability to work both independently on projects and as part of the larger team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven project management, organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work flow
- Ability to handle sensitive documents in a highly confidential manner
- Superior presentation and communication skills
- Able to take initiative and execute assigned tasks in a timely and flawless manner
- Strong passion for working in a fast paced and result-oriented environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent project & time management capabilities
- Exemplify consistent professionalism, good humor and ethical behavior.