Position: Designated Inspector
Location: Los Angeles, CA
The Designated Inspector reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and is responsible for performing aircraft inspections and for the maintenance, preventive maintenance and alterations performed under the authority of the Clay Lacy Aviation FAA Certificated Repair Station.
- Effectively work with the Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance Technicians to execute the aircraft scope of work.
- Ensure work performed adheres to manufacturer specifications and technical data.
- Obtain proper technical or engineering data to complete tasks.
- Review work orders for completed tasks, certificates, FAA and Repair Station forms.
- May be required to mentor technicians and train them on company policies and RSM/ QCM procedures.
- Perform maintenance and alteration of articles as directed.
- Adhere to all company and OSHA regulated policies and procedures.
- Maintain proficiency with tools, techniques and acceptable practices used to perform maintenance and alteration duties.
- Document all work performed including references to technical data as required.
- Ensure all parts have been properly inspected for damage and documentation accuracy prior to installation on aircraft.
- Verify material shelf life is not expired prior to use.
- Verify calibrated tools are current before use.
- Promote an efficient and professional work environment.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement projects as directed.
- Available to work different shifts and weekends as requested.
- Able to travel away from primary facility for training and work.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school and/or 48 Months related experience.
Minimum of 2 years of experience in Quality Control Inspections.
Previous experience with Quality assurance duties, IA, blueprint and technical document interpretation.
Skills and Abilities
- High mechanical aptitude.
- Computer Literate. Must know CAMP, CMP tracking programs.
- Ability to read Technical Documents and Work Orders.
- Ability to read schematics and blueprints.
- Knowledge of FAR’s for Part 145, Part 135 and FAA Forms (i.e. 8110-3, 8130-3, 337)
- Knowledge of quality control.
- Knowledge of Military Specifications.
- Knowledge of TSO research.
- Ability to perform consistent and sometimes constant research.
- Ability to work with complex equipment.
- Ability to establish procedures.
- Ability to work in a production oriented environment.
- Ability to work under frequent changing priorities.
- Ability to select and evaluate priorities.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to effectively communicate with management, peers and external parties.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to work within deadlines and utilize resources to meet those deadlines.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong teamwork acumen with a profound ability to work under extreme pressure.
- Strong passion for working in a fast paced and result oriented environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K) and more to employees in full-time positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.