Location: San Jose, CA
The G-IVSP Director of Maintenance will direct and oversee all activities, maintenance programs, inspections, analytics, projections, coordination and project management for a Gulfstream G-IVSP. This will be accomplished by performing the following duties and responsibilities.
- Serve as active member of the Clay Lacy Team, its vision, mission and values
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to optimize the maintenance in support the GMM and Clay Lacy Aviation as whole
- Provide the Aircraft Management Team with a 24-month projection, updated monthly, inclusive of downtime, estimated costs (man hours) and coordination
- Work productively with the aircraft crewmembers to support their missions and expectations from the owner
- Shall be present at all aircraft arrivals and departures within reason
- Maintain and adjust the workflow provided for proper decision making on maintenance related resources
- Shall complete light and moderate work on aircraft. In addition, coordinate the moderate and heavy maintenance in efficient intervals by active scheduling with the owner schedule, crew, Aircraft Management Team and CLA Maintenance
- Establish the environment and expectation where comments, concerns and suggestions by personnel will be handled and shared with the aircraft management team
- Establishing and maintain records as required by the FAR’s, manufactures and company policies.
- Ensuring that high levels of customer service are provided to the company and its customers
- Become familiar with and improve vendor/supplier relationships, contracts and support services
- Anticipate client and crew needs in order to continually improve the level of support and service
- Representing the company in aviation matters through trade associations, the FAA, state or municipal aviation bodies, airport management, community organizations and contract agencies
- Maintaining high morale through an awareness of company and department policies, employee development programs and periodic department meetings for the two-way communication of ideas, goals and objectives;
- Establish severe weather/natural disaster procedures to protect personnel, aircraft and facilities. Procedures should address plans for (but not be limited to) situations involving hurricanes, tornados, high winds and hail
- Acts as resident expert on matters related to all aspects of safety
- Acts as liaison with safety organizations (formal and informal) on matters of industry safety concerns
- Identify and report safety hazards utilizing CLA’s SMS program to identify and mitigate risk
Experience, Skills and Abilities, Education
- Must possess and maintain a current and valid US issued FAA A&P Certificate.
- Possess a minimum of 10 years of A&P related duties with current experience in maintaining Gulfstream G-IVSP aircraft.
- G-IVSP formal classroom training, I.E., Flight Safety, Global Jet Services, etc… required
- A minimum of 5 years experience in managing subordinates or contractors
- Must submit to and be capable of passing a required drug test
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and tasks
- Able and willing to travel via airline to aircraft projects and inspections
- Willingness to work long and sometimes irregular hours
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have excellent interpersonal and management abilities
- Possess calmness under pressure and a professionalism and service to client and colleague alike
- College degree strong preferred
Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, calculators, telephone and other office equipment; and conduct repairs and troubleshooting on aircraft.
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K) and more to employees in full-time positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
This job description does not constitute a contract for employment
Great people, providing an exceptional aviation experience.
To provide the highest level of safety, service and value to our clients.
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded in 1968 by legendary aviator and industry pioneer Clay Lacy. Today, Clay Lacy Aviation is considered the world’s most experienced operator of private jets. Prominent individuals and leading corporations trust Clay Lacy for aircraft management, charter, sales, acquisitions, maintenance, avionics, interiors and FBO services. The company has aircraft operations and regional offices across the U.S., including fixed-base operations and part 145 repair stations at Van Nuys Airport in Los Angeles and Seattle’s Boeing Field. With the most knowledgeable team in the industry, Clay Lacy delivers superior safety, service and value to aircraft owners and jet travelers worldwide. Visit www.claylacy.com