Title: Facilities Crew (Heavy Lifting)
Hours: Wednesday and Thursday: 10:30 am to 7:00 pm; Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 7:30 am to 4:00pm
Location: Van Nuys, CA
The Facilities Crew is responsible for performing custodial duties which include cleaning all of the facilities, removing debris, supplying all areas with necessary materials and other miscellaneous duties.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Clean restrooms with chemicals, disinfectants, and mop floors.
- Sweep up debris.
- Clean toilets with toilet brush and chemicals and mop area.
- Wash soiled linens.
- Place fresh lines on pilot lounge.
- Scrub stains, mold, and mildew from surfaces.
- Empty wastebaskets and take out trash.
- Wash dishes and put dishes away in cupboards.
- Clean upholstered furniture and drapes.
- Keep lobby area for clients clean.
- Stock kitchen with condiments.
- Wipe down appliances.
- Wash baseboards, walls, and ceilings.
- Sweep driveways and walkways.
- Service, clean, and supply hanger bathrooms.
- Dust tables, wood surfaces, shelves
- Clean sinks, countertops, microwaves, and refrigerators in break rooms
- Dusting and cleaning office desks and furniture that are not cluttered
- Maintain janitor closets in a clean, organized and safe manner
- Maintain janitorial equipment in a clean, safe and operable condition
- Proper labeling, dilution and use of all chemicals
- Spot check lobby, kitchen and restrooms
- Move around heavy equipment and furniture for the purpose of storage or rearranging
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners in order to prevent damage to the floors
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as employee lunches and meetings
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors
- Drives company-owned vehicle for miscellaneous supplies as needed.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Completion of elementary school.
Two years of working experience in facility maintenance.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, writes, speak and understand English fluently.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a team.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work flow.
- Able to take initiative and execute assigned tasks in a timely and flawless manner.
- Strong teamwork acumen with a profound ability to work under extreme pressure.
- Strong passion for working in a fast paced and result oriented environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Committed to provide excellent customer service all times.Physical Requirements
- Lifting or pushing less than 50 pounds.
- Bending at the waist, sitting, kneeling, laying horizontally, climbing, walking, etc., as job requires. Environmental conditions
- Extreme heat or cold.
- Noise level which may, at time, require normal hearing protection in the form of ear plugs.
- Cleaning fluids normally used in custodial duties.
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K) and more to employees in full-time positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.