Clay Lacy Aviation is looking for a strong Facilities Director to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience supervising and working in a Facilities Department and minimum 3 years of Managerial experience. If you are goal-oriented, dedicated, proactive, and enjoy a customer-centric culture, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
The Facilities Director will be expected to maintain the smooth operations of all the company’s establishments, including all office buildings and Hangars and will oversee the team that executes all day-to day needs for the company grounds to include the facilities cleaning team and Ground Support equipment maintenance and repair.
- Manages facilities cleaning department and personnel to include responsibilities for each employee, schedules for the employees
- Develops a daily, weekly, monthly, annual cleaning schedule for each campus.
- Evaluates the facility current conditions for a robust PM (Preventive Maintenance) program
- Creates schedules of regular evaluations of the facilities.
- Manages all required underground fuel storage permits, regulatory mandates to ensure all safety and OSHA standards are met.
- Manages all Scheduled and Unscheduled maintenance/repair work conducted by in-house personnel or outsourced contractors.
- Provides direct oversight for all work accomplished by contractors to ensure quality.
- Gauges current condition of electrical, air conditioning, plumbing and other essential facilities and equipment.
- Ensures that all equipment and facilities are functioning properly.
- Maintains records of the conditions of equipment and systems in the buildings.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures that affect the use of supplies and facilities.
- Creates monitoring systems to detect problems as early as possible.
- Develops and maintains a system for cleaning, repair, and maintenance of facilities.
- Develop backup or alternative systems for common problems such as power shortage.
- Trains facilities staff appropriately to ensure competent work output and communication.
- Evaluates the work quality of facilities staff and other subordinates.
- Coordinates with other offices and units for any relevant necessities.
- Participates in budget preparation so that the facilities team will have adequate funds for its operation.
- Coordinate with direct manager on all unforeseen work issues.
High School Diploma, 2-4 year Degree preferred.
3-5 years of Facilities work experience, 5 years supervisory experience in a related field, 3 years of management experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Solid understanding of facilities management.
- Must possess strong leadership skills.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship and effective communication tactics with team members and leaders.
- Ability to manage stressful situations in a calm, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving, financial, and analytical skills.
- Planning, Organization & System Know-how.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to manually lift heavy objects.
- Must be bi-lingual.
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K), and more to employees in full-time positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded in 1968 by legendary aviator and industry pioneer Clay Lacy. Today, Clay Lacy Aviation is considered the world’s most experienced operator of private jets. Prominent individuals and leading corporations trust Clay Lacy for aircraft management, charter, maintenance, avionics, interiors, and FBO services. The company has aircraft operations and regional offices across the U.S., including full-service FBOs in Los Angeles and Orange County, and aircraft maintenance centers in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Oxford, Connecticut. With the most knowledgeable team in the industry, Clay Lacy delivers superior safety, service, and value to aircraft owners and jet travelers worldwide. Visit claylacy.com