Position: Facilities Manager
Location: Van Nuys, CA
Clay Lacy Aviation is looking for a strong hands-on Facilities Manager, preferably with bilingual skills, to join our team. The ideal candidate will have 7 to 10-plus years’ experience working in a Facilities Department, with 5+ years in a supervisory or manager capacity. If you are goal-oriented, dedicated, proactive and enjoy a customer-centric culture, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
The Facilities Manager will be expected to maintain the smooth operations of the company’s establishments, including all office buildings and Hangars and will oversee the team that executes all day-to-day needs throughout the company facilities
- Creates schedules for regular evaluations of the facilities.
- Maintains efficiency and good working conditions of the facilities.
- Gauges current condition of electrical, air conditioning, plumbing and other essential facilities and equipment and implements required maintenance scheduling or repair.
- Ensures that all equipment and facilities are functioning properly.
- Oversees and coordinates facility remodeling, relocation and construction activities.
- Maintains records of the conditions of equipment and systems in the buildings.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures that affect the use of supplies and facilities.
- Oversees implementation of CMMS and creation of systematic monitoring to proactively detect problems and institute routine maintenance programs/scheduling.
- Develops and maintains system for cleaning, repair and maintenance of facilities.
- Develops back-up or alternative systems for common problems such as power shortage.
- Plans and provides training to facilities staff to ensure competent work output as well in Safety and OSHA subjects.
- Evaluates work quality of facilities staff and other subordinates.
- Coordinates and liaisons with other departments for matters impacting facility requirements.
- Participates in budget preparation so that the facilities team will have adequate funds for its operation.
- Coordinates with the upper management on work and planning issues.
High School Diploma, 2- to 4-year Degree preferred.
- Requires 7 to 10+ years of Facilities work experience with 5+ years’ experience supervising and managing a facilities team in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- While aviation industry experience is not required, a background within a manufacturing, construction management or similar industrial environment preferred.
- Active participation in a Corporate-wide organizational strategy for success strongly desired.
- Strong HVAC and Safety/OSHA background essential.
Skills and Abilities
- Bilingual skills strongly preferred.
- Must possess strong leadership and active team management skills
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to instill a strong internal customer support/service within the facilities team.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship and effective communication tactics with team members, other departments and company leadership.
- Ability to manage stressful situations in a calm, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem solving, financial, and analytical skills.
- Planning, Organization & System Know-how.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to manually lift heavy objects.