Position: Facilities Manager
Location: Van Nuys, CA
Clay Lacy Aviation is looking for a strong Facilities Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience supervising and working in a Facilities Department. If you are goal-oriented, dedicated, proactive and enjoy a customer-centric culture, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
The Facilities Manager will be expected to maintain the smooth operations of all of the company’s establishments, including all office buildings and Hangars and will oversee the team that executes all day-to day needs for the company grounds.
- Creates schedules of regular evaluations of the facilities.
- Maintaining the efficiency and good working conditions of the facilities.
- Gauges current condition of electrical, air conditioning, plumbing and other essential facilities and equipment.
- Ensures that all equipment and facilities are functioning properly.
- Maintains records of the conditions of equipment and systems in the buildings.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures that affect the use of supplies and facilities.
- Creates monitoring systems to detect problems as early as possible.
- Develops and maintains system for cleaning, repair and maintenance of facilities.
- Develop back-up or alternative systems for common problems such as power shortage.
- Trains facilities staff appropriately to ensure competent work output.
- Evaluates the work quality of facilities staff and other subordinates.
- Coordinates with other offices and units for any relevant necessities.
- Participates in budget preparation so that the facilities team will have adequate funds for its operation.
- Coordinate with the upper management on work issues.
High School Diploma, 2-4 year Degree preferred.
3-5 years of Facilities work experience, 1-3 years supervisory experience in related field.
Skills and Abilities
- Solid understanding of facilities management.
- Must possess strong leadership skills.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship and effective communication tactics with team members and leaders.
- Ability to manage stressful situations in a calm, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem solving, financial, and analytical skills.
- Planning, Organization & System Know-how.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to manually lift heavy objects.
- Must be bi-lingual.