Clay Lacy Aviation has been providing private jet services around the globe since 1968. Taking pride in the pursuit of perfection is at the center of everything that we do. Our most valuable asset is our experienced team. If you are goal-oriented, dedicated, proactive, and enjoy a customer-centric culture, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
Founded in 1968 by legendary aviator and industry pioneer Clay Lacy. Today, Clay Lacy Aviation is considered the world’s most experienced operator of private jets. Prominent individuals and leading corporations trust Clay Lacy for aircraft management, charter, maintenance, avionics, interiors, and FBO services. The company has aircraft operations and regional offices across the U.S., including a full-service FBO at Van Nuys Airport in Los Angeles, and FAA Part 145 aircraft maintenance centers in Los Angeles, San Diego and Oxford, Connecticut. With the most knowledgeable team in the industry, Clay Lacy delivers superior safety, service, and value to aircraft owners and jet travelers worldwide.
This position will support our new FBO start-up operations at John Wayne Airport. Opportunities may exist at all levels [janitorial, handyman, experienced Facilities Technician].
Under minimal supervision, the Facilities Technician will safely and effectively perform general, corrective, preventive, and other types of facilities maintenance duties on a large, multi-building site.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Safely maintain the facility by following all applicable government and regulatory requirements. Demonstrate safe behaviors. Identify and assess safety hazards and risks.
- Follow and enforce safety rules. Participate in the investigation of incidents.
- You will support the team with employee moves, events, visitors, shipping or receiving, and all other related tasks.
- Receive and respond to facilities helpdesk tickets for HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, or building concerns.
- Meet with on-site vendors, engage vendors when needed for pricing on materials and other needs on projects that align with the internal budget.
- Conduct site supervision of contractors when needed and continuously observe sites for improvements.
- Identify potential problems and adjust to correct, or otherwise troubleshoot, formulate and execute solutions for corrective repair.
- Perform all other maintenance and maintenance-related tasks as directed.
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, and practice.
- Safety first attitude required. Ability to perform all work using the proper personnel protective equipment (PPE) and in strict accordance with all applicable safety policies, procedures, and practices required.
- A minimum of 5 years of direct experience maintaining commercial and/or industrial mechanical equipment required.
- Ability to read and understand technical documents such as operating manuals and architectural/mechanical/electrical/piping drawings required.
- Ability to systematically identify, analyze, and solve maintenance problems required.
- Ability to work in cramped spaces such as closets, crawl spaces, attics, vaults, etc. required.
- Ability to walk a large, campus-like setting, climb stairs, work on a ladder, operate electric hand tools, carry tools, lift and carry heavy loads, operate a motor vehicle, and navigating rooftops to access equipment required.
- Valid U.S. drivers’ license and clean driving record required.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills required.
- Ability to work overtime, including some weekends, required. Shift work may be required.
- Subject to be on call for equipment/system response 24 hours per day and working in all weather conditions required.
- Ability to work effectively as both an individual contributor and a valued team member required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task work assignments required.
- Basic computer skills, including a working knowledge of MS Office programs, required.
- Understanding of basic refrigeration and air conditioning systems preferred.
- Experience with building automation systems preferred.
- Experience with multi-site building operations preferred.
- Must be able to pass drug screening and background checks
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Two years of working experience in facility maintenance.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, writes, speak, and understand English fluently.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a team.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workflow.
- Able to take initiative and execute assigned tasks in a timely and flawless manner.
- Strong teamwork acumen with a profound ability to work under extreme pressure.
- Strong passion for working in a fast-paced and result-oriented environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Committed to providing excellent customer service at all times.
- Lifting or pushing less than 50 pounds.
- Bending at the waist, sitting, kneeling, laying horizontally, climbing, walking, etc., as the job requires.
- Extreme heat or cold.
- Noise level which may, at times, require normal hearing protection in the form of earplugs.
- Cleaning fluids normally used in custodial duties.
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K), and more to employees in full-time positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.