Clay Lacy Aviation pilots are among the very best in the business. Elevating our standards starts with a rigorous evaluation process, which thoroughly tests the procedural abilities and situational awareness of each candidate.
We are currently seeking a Lead Captain to oversee and manage a Van Nuys-based Part 91 fleet consisting of a G-550 and a G-IV. The ideal candidate should have a track record of leadership capabilities, demonstrated crew management skills as well as owner communications and management abilities.
The successful candidate must be typed in either aircraft, preferably the G-550, and reside within a two-hour drivable commute distance. Home-based candidates within a 500-mile radius with excellent flight access to Los Angeles airports may be considered. Individuals without relevant Gulfstream platform experience will not be considered at this time.
The opportunity features an excellent upgraded compensation plan, fully paid medical/healthcare, and a matching 401(k) plan.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Position: Lead Captain
Aircraft: Gulfstream G-550 + G-IV
Position Type: Full-time only; no contract
Location: Van Nuys, CA
Operation: Part 91; combined annual flight time [both aircraft]: 350 to 400 hours
Compensation/Benefits: $260,000 – $325,000; fully paid medical/healthcare premium.
- Demonstrated Lead Captain, leadership, and owner relations experience. References will be checked.
- Minimum requirements include 5,000 hours of total time, 3,000 hours of PIC time, and 1,000 hours of Turbine time.
- ATP and Type Certification are required with a minimum of 200 hours in Type.
- Should reside within a two-hour drivable commute or willing to relocate. Home-based candidates within a 500-mile radius meeting minimum requirements may be considered.
- Comply with all Federal Aviation regulations, company operations manual, operations specifications, standard operating procedures, and company policies & procedures.
- Must be able to pass DOT/FAA drug screening, and background checks and submit to random drug/alcohol tests when required.
- Full, legible, color copies of all FAA certificates (both sides), including Medical as well as completion of a disclosure form, will be required as part of the application process.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Positions in this classification are considered safety-sensitive under DOT/FAA drug and alcohol regulations.
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including fully paid medical, dental, and vision, as well as matching 401(K), and more to employees in full-time assigned crew positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded in 1968 by legendary aviator and industry pioneer Clay Lacy. Today, Clay Lacy Aviation is considered the world’s most experienced operator of private jets. Prominent individuals and leading corporations trust Clay Lacy for aircraft management, charter, maintenance, avionics, interiors, and FBO services. The company has aircraft operations and regional offices across the U.S., including full-service FBOs in Los Angeles and Orange County, and aircraft maintenance centers in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Oxford, Connecticut. With the most knowledgeable team in the industry, Clay Lacy delivers superior safety, service, and value to aircraft owners and jet travelers worldwide. Visit claylacy.com