Human Resources Business Partner
Clay Lacy Aviation is looking for a strong, highly experienced Human Resources Business Partner [HRBP] for our full-service FBO at Van Nuys Airport, Santa Ana, and Oxford, Connecticut airport. If you meet the minimum requirements in this job description and are goal-oriented, dedicated, proactive, and enjoy a customer-centric culture, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
- 100% On-site position, Monday-Friday
- Compensation: Annual salary $99,000 to $124,000 plus a performance bonus
The HRBP reports to the Human Resources Director and is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and working closely with employees. This position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units.
In addition to collaborating with executive leadership and HR staff to identify system improvements and enhancements; recommends and implements solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added services to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, its midrange plans, its culture, and its competition.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of human resource experience, or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge/expertise in California Labor Law.
- PHR or SPHR preferred.
- Conducts monthly meetings with respective business units.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to the day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Support employees with our company’s benefits programs.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists in the evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of the department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Acts as liaison between employees and management to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices, and regulations.
- Design and execute human resources policies and procedures.
- Observes and administers company rules and regulations and safety policy and standard operating procedures.
- Maintains optimal function of the HRIS, which may include installation, customization, development, maintenance, and upgrade of applications, systems, and modules.
- Documenting processes, identifying HR concerns, and compiling data analysis reports.
- Performing application upgrades, as well as providing training and technical support.
- Provides technical support, troubleshooting, and guidance to HRIS users.
- Collaborates with executive leadership and HR staff to identify system improvements and enhancements; recommends and implements solutions.
- Ability to travel less than 5% of the time to our other locations
- Ability to work overtime.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to prioritize and organize workflow
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Known for working well with all levels of managers, staff, clients, and vendors
- Able to handle sensitive documents in a very confidential manner
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills
- Able to take initiative and execute assigned tasks in a timely and flawless manner
- Strong teamwork acumen with a profound ability to work under extreme pressure
- Familiarity with human resource policies and procedures to ensure the HRIS meets organizational needs and goals
- Prepare and run HR metrics reports
- Strong passion for working in a fast-paced and result-oriented environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Committed to providing excellent customer service at all times
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K), and more to employees in full-time positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded in 1968 by legendary aviator and industry pioneer Clay Lacy. Today, Clay Lacy Aviation is considered the world’s most experienced operator of private jets. Prominent individuals and leading corporations trust Clay Lacy for aircraft management, charter, maintenance, avionics, interiors, and FBO services. The company has aircraft operations and regional offices across the U.S., including full-service FBOs in Los Angeles and Orange County, and aircraft maintenance centers in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Oxford, Connecticut. With the most knowledgeable team in the industry, Clay Lacy delivers superior safety, service, and value to aircraft owners and jet travelers worldwide. Visit claylacy.com