Weekend Graveyard Shift Wednesday through Sunday
Clay Lacy Aviation has been providing private jet services around the globe since 1968. Taking pride in the pursuit of perfection is at the center of everything that we do. Our most valuable asset is our experienced team. If you are goal-oriented, dedicated, proactive, and enjoy a customer-centric culture, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
The Line Service Technician is a customer service position that is responsible for supporting all ground operations for inbound and outbound aircraft crews and passengers. Job responsibilities include aircraft marshaling, towing, fueling, and other ground support responsibilities. In addition, Line Service is a support position to other departments: Charter, Aircraft Maintenance, and Facilities requiring good decision-making skills, the ability to follow company procedures, flexibility in a dynamic working environment and good communication skills. Your safety is important to us. Line Service Technicians work with fuels and other flammable, hazardous materials; proper handling procedures must be followed. The airport area is a high noise environment; the use of personal protection equipment is required. Operating vehicles and moving aircraft in close proximity of people, buildings and other aircraft require extreme caution. Procedures must be followed for your personal safety, the safety of others, and the protection of company and customer property.
Employment is Full-Time and in a Security/Safety Sensitive Area
- This is a full-time position with full, excellent benefits. We are unable to consider those seeking part-time opportunities.
- All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Position requires ability to work weekends and holidays.
- Fuel aircraft in accordance with ATA Specifications 103 and AirBP GAFO Standards.
- Tow and marshal aircraft.
- Ensure aircraft are chocked, locked, and secure.
- Aircraft lavatory and potable water service.
- Load / unload baggage.
- Assist pilots with aircraft pre and post-flight services.
- Top off fuel trucks / complete proper fuel farm paperwork.
- Operate ground support equipment.
- Provide basic security duties to people and property.
- Direct people, drivers, and flight crews on the ramp area.
- Drive company vehicles off-site for various tasks as assigned.
- Assist other departments as required including facility cleaning and other tasks as assigned.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Must have and maintain a valid California Driver’s License, restricted licenses are not valid for employment at Clay Lacy Aviation.
- Pass FAA Drug and Alcohol drug testing, and background checks and submit to random testing when required.
- Complete NATA Safety First, Clay Lacy Aviation, and other job-related training.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, direct interface, over the telephone, and in writing.
- Ability to make decisions with multiple objectives and implement them in a safe, efficient manner.
- Follow oral and written directions; plan and complete assigned duties on a regular schedule, and maintain good working relationships with others.
- Must be available to work flexible hours including overtime when required. All Line Service personnel are required to work the graveyard shift at some point during their employment at Clay Lacy Aviation. Schedules do change and employees must be flexible to changes as they occur, examples include but are not limited to, vacation and sick coverage.
- Ability to perform a variety of manual tasks including but not limited to: facility cleaning, vehicle washing, aircraft cleaning, and vacuuming.
- Ability to work without direct management supervision.
- Must be comfortable with working outdoors, day, night, and in all weather conditions.
- Stepping up/down on ladders, tugs, and fuel trucks.
- Lift luggage from ground level to waist and overhead while loading aircraft, up to 75 lbs.
- Bending and stooping to pick up tow bars and other equipment, up to 75 lbs.
- Vision should be 20/20 or corrected to 20/20.
- Stooping below wings to chock aircraft.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time, running when required.
- Good hand-eye coordination with good peripheral vision.
- 2 to 3+ years of Military Flight Line experience or Aviation Line Service experience preferred
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K), and more to employees in full-time positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Positions in this classification are considered safety-sensitive under DOT/FAA drug and alcohol regulations.
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded in 1968 by legendary aviator and industry pioneer Clay Lacy. Today, Clay Lacy Aviation is considered the world’s most experienced operator of private jets. Prominent individuals and leading corporations trust Clay Lacy for aircraft management, charter, maintenance, avionics, interiors, and FBO services. The company has aircraft operations and regional offices across the U.S., including full-service FBOs in Los Angeles and Orange County, and aircraft maintenance centers in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Oxford, Connecticut. With the most knowledgeable team in the industry, Clay Lacy delivers superior safety, service, and value to aircraft owners and jet travelers worldwide. Visit claylacy.com