Clay Lacy Aviation has been providing private jet services around the globe since 1968. Taking pride in the pursuit of perfection is at the center of everything that we do. Our most valuable asset is our experienced team. If you are goal-oriented, dedicated, proactive, and enjoy a customer-centric culture, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
We are currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Controller with considerable experience with the Dassault Falcon platform. The Maintenance Controller serves as the central hub of information scheduling and overseeing the progress of all maintenance activities in coordination with the flight operations and management services departments. Adheres to and promotes the Clay Lacy Vision, Mission, and Values daily.
This is a remote position reporting to and supporting our FBO Operations in Oxford, CT.
- Monitor aircraft due list and upcoming inspection using Avtrak, CAMP, Cescom, and Flight Docks for CLA Part 135 fleet
- Review daily squawk list and coordinate maintenance accordingly
- Review MEL and coordinate maintenance to resolve the prior expiration date for CLA 135 fleet
- Schedule inspections and monthly due items in coordination with flight operations and management services departments
- Update the schedule regularly and monitor ongoing flight activities
- Provide status report briefings for aircraft in maintenance
- Continually grow and mature our network of domestic and international approved maintenance facilities to support 91 and 135 flight operations
- Coordinate maintenance support for remote aircraft with approved outside vendors and maintenance facilities
- Develop proposals for upcoming inspections
- Obtain maintenance proposals from approved outside maintenance facilities
- Serve as the primary point of contact and monitor the progress of maintenance begin performed at outside facilities.
- Coordinate with CLA inspection department or outside maintenance facility to return aircraft to service per CLA GMM
- Audit invoices from outside maintenance facility
- Coordinate maintenance schedule and work authorizations with aircraft owner or owner representatives
- Participate in monthly meetings
- Provide weekly maintenance schedule updates to the leadership team
- Other responsibilities as requested or assigned.
An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (A&P schooling).
Experience & Requirements
- 3 to 5+ years of experience as a maintenance controller
- 5+ years’ experience with the Dassault Falcon platform
- Corporate aviation experience required.
- Comply with all Federal Aviation regulations, company operations manual, operations specifications, standard operating procedures, and company policies & procedures.
- Must be able to pass DOT/FAA drug screening, and background checks and submit to random drug/alcohol tests when required.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoy a high level of customer interaction
- Able to work a flexible schedule and work on-call shifts in order to support the 24/7 nature of the flight schedule
- Requires after-hours support of aircraft mechanical situations or to complete time-sensitive projects
- Ability to provide excellent service to suppliers, operators or owners with high or unreasonable expectations
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and with minimal direction
- Pro-active and creative problem solver
- Able to travel occasionally
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K), and more to employees in full-time positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Positions in this classification are considered safety-sensitive under DOT/FAA drug and alcohol regulation.
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded in 1968 by legendary aviator and industry pioneer Clay Lacy. Today, Clay Lacy Aviation is considered the world’s most experienced operator of private jets. Prominent individuals and leading corporations trust Clay Lacy for aircraft management, charter, maintenance, avionics, interiors, and FBO services. The company has aircraft operations and regional offices across the U.S., including a full-service FBO at Van Nuys Airport in Los Angeles, Waterbury-Oxford Airport in Oxford CT, and FAA Part 145 aircraft maintenance centers in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Oxford, CT. With the most knowledgeable team in the industry, Clay Lacy delivers superior safety, service, and value to aircraft owners and jet travelers worldwide.