Location: Los Angeles, CA
Looking to work with a creative team who loves aviation? Are you seeking experience in marketing, creative writing, and content creation with an industry leading private aviation company? Do you enjoy taking on new challenges and projects? Apply for our marketing coordinator position.
The marketing coordinator will support and contribute to marketing initiatives while assisting in the development of new communication strategies aligned with the company’s sales and marketing objectives. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, eager to learn, organized, and detail-oriented. The marketing coordinator will be responsible for executing tasks in line with the company’s strategy across a diverse range of marketing functions including written communications, print and digital advertising, photography and video, branding, email campaigns, event coordination, graphic design, social media and more. The coordinator will be a member of the marketing department and work closely with other Clay Lacy departments and outside vendors (graphic designers, copywriters, social media managers, etc.) to achieve their responsibilities and performance objectives.
This is an onsite position and not a remote position. All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the company’s sales and marketing strategy.
- Prepare marketing activity reports and metrics for measuring program success.
- Support the maintenance and development of marketing resources such as marketing sales sheets and collateral, client databases, and campaign subscribers.
- Become proficient in the use and capabilities of HubSpot marketing automation software.
- Further both business aviation industry knowledge and personal development skills through workshops, research, and seminars, and share best practices and new tactics with the team.
- Coordinate, create, and deliver content for a variety of communication outlets including email communications, employee newsletters, and blog articles.
- Support the marketing manager in establishing marketing plans by setting objectives, planning and organizing support materials, and project calendars.
- Communicate campaign objectives, timelines, and deliverables to the sales team and provide instructions for use or promotion.
- Coordinate marketing resources for new charter aircraft such as creating charter sales sheets, managing photoshoots, updating website listings, coordinating email announcements, press and social media outreach, and updating executive travel and charter publications.
- Update website content using WordPress; build and send email communications using HubSpot.
- Lead event coordination and planning for meetings, events, sponsorships, and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating project requirements, developing schedules, and coordinating event communications.
- Work with promotional vendors to source and design promotional items for clients, events, and the employee company store.
- Maintain sales support materials, ensuring all resources are current and accurate and coordinate the creation of new materials as needed.
- Analyze market trends, customer behavior, and competitive landscape. Continually seek and research new sources of prospective customer data, and provide recommendations to sales and marketing leadership.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Major in Business, Journalism, Communications or Marketing preferred.
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in full Microsoft Office suite. (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) highly preferred.
- Video skills and interest in Aviation a plus.
- Familiarity with content management systems (CMS) (Hubspot/Wordpress) and customer relationship management (CRM) tools
- Must be able to lift, pack and move boxes weighing 20-40 pounds.
- Must be able to pass drug screening and background checks.
Personality and Character
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following traits:
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communicator
- Trustworthy, responsible, and dependable
- Friendly, creative, and fun
- Critical thinker wants to understand the “why” in order to grow in their role and area of responsibility.
- Able to multi-task across various projects and deadlines
- Seeks feedback and constructive criticism on their work.
- Gives feedback and constructive criticism on their team’s work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded in 1968 by legendary aviator and industry pioneer Clay Lacy. Today, Clay Lacy Aviation is considered the world’s most experienced operator of private jets. Prominent individuals and leading corporations trust Clay Lacy for aircraft management, charter, maintenance, avionics, interiors, and FBO services. The company has aircraft operations and regional offices across the U.S., including full-service FBOs in Los Angeles and Orange County, and aircraft maintenance centers in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Oxford, Connecticut. With the most knowledgeable team in the industry, Clay Lacy delivers superior safety, service, and value to aircraft owners and jet travelers worldwide. Visit claylacy.com
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.