Temporary Position — Day Shift
Location: Van Nuys, CA
Clay Lacy Aviation is looking for a strong Shipping and Receiving Clerk to join our team as a temporary member. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience working in a faced paced Parts/Shipping & Receiving department. If you are goal-oriented, dedicated, proactive and enjoy a customer-centric culture, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for the issuing of purchase orders for the supply of parts and services as well as the handling of all material goods, shipping, storage, and transportation of company items.
- PO placement of required items will be met in a proactive and timely manner.
- On-time delivery and quick resolution of late/past due line items.
- Rate shopping; controls costs through negotiating rates and permit periods with vendors.
- Utilizing key suppliers by creating leverage by strategic scheduling based on past purchases.
- Tracking and processing all core exchange items.
- Shipping and receiving materials and company packages as necessary.
- Checks material against documentation for proper identification and quantity.
- Control of inventory and warranty programs.
- Audits contents of kits and stock.
- Maintains organized and systematized structure of stock room and materials.
- Researches part and item numbers for placing new orders and re-orders.
- Auditing documentation for FAA purposes.
- Other functions as needed.
HS Diploma or equivalent; AA or some college, trade school preferred
3 to 5 years’ experience. Aviation or related industry experience highly desired.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledgeable in shipping and receiving
- Ability to multi-task in faced paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and organize workflow
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to take initiative and execute assigned tasks in a timely and flawless manner
- Strong teamwork acumen with a profound ability to work under extreme pressure
- Committed to providing excellent customer service at all times
- Valid Class C driver’s license
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to pass drug screening and background checks.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded in 1968 by legendary aviator and industry pioneer Clay Lacy. Today, Clay Lacy Aviation is considered the world’s most experienced operator of private jets. Prominent individuals and leading corporations trust Clay Lacy for aircraft management, charter, maintenance, avionics, interiors, and FBO services. The company has aircraft operations and regional offices across the U.S., including full-service FBOs in Los Angeles and Orange County, and aircraft maintenance centers in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Oxford, Connecticut. With the most knowledgeable team in the industry, Clay Lacy delivers superior safety, service, and value to aircraft owners and jet travelers worldwide. Visit claylacy.com