The Procurement Manager oversees all aspects of the Shipping and Receiving Department including vendor relations and team building. Strategizes, directs and coordinates sales of parts and related items pertaining to the Shipping and Receiving department. Manages the company’s supply of products and services. Procurement Manager responsibilities include strategizing to find cost-effective deals and suppliers. Manages and directs activities of subordinate supervisors and employees. Promotes the Clay Lacy Aviation vision, mission and values to create a positive team environment that raises the level of safety, service and value for our customers and employees.
- Manage and drive the supplier sourcing for new product introductions including the scope development
- Materials and Inventory Management
- Buying/Purchasing Management
- Negotiate contracts with key vendors and suppliers
- Evaluate supplier capabilities to meet product, cost, quality, capacity and fulfillment
- Ensure suppliers can meet requirements for performance, quality, cost and delivery
- Employee training, and management
- Assist with audits
- Vendor management
- Organize reporting functions and strategies
- Order processing management
- Negotiate and obtain competitive contracts
- Interface with internal teams to prioritize supplier development needs
- Research external market information and companies to identify potential sources and suppliers
- Manage the warranties for all necessary items
- Manage annual inventory cycling
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with Engineering & Quality organizations
- Other responsibilities as requested or assigned
Bachelor’s degree in business, aviation management or a related field preferred.
Five years related experience and/or training with at least three years of related general aviation management experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Purchasing experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team-oriented dedication to great customer service and the ability to inspire that commitment in others.
- Intermediate Microsoft skills
- Thorough knowledge of the general aviation industry.
- Prior experience establishing budgets.
- Prior sales in the general aviation environment.
- Experience managing and supervising team.