Position: Quality Control Manager
Location: Van Nuys, CA
The Quality Control Manager coordinates the overall operation of the inspection department, and as such has the final authority in the releasing to service of airframes, engines, appliances, and the component parts thereof. This manager is responsible for overseeing the performance of aircraft and aircraft accessories inspections to ensure compliance with Federal safety regulations and adheres and promotes the Clay Lacy Vision, Mission and Values daily.
- Lay out the details of inspection standards, methods, and procedures used by the Company in complying with all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, manufacturer’s requirements and recommendations.
- Assist, supervises and directs all personnel assigned to the inspection function.
- Manage Inspection department in overseeing aircraft quality issues.
- Communicate effectively with team and customers as required.
- Promote an environment that provides the team with opportunities to succeed.
- Supervise the daily activities of team to ensure maximum efficiency and take necessary action to ensure all work is completed within schedule.
- Contribute to the annual performance evaluation of personnel assigned under their leadership.
- Monitor and control overtime.
- May be required to train technicians in company policies and GMM procedures.
- Perform additional tasks & responsibilities as required.
Bachelor Degree in Business Management or Aviation Industry.
Minimum of 4 years of experience in Quality Control Inspections. Corporate jet experience highly desired.
Previous experience with Quality assurance duties, IA, blueprint and technical document interpretation.
Skills and Abilities
- High mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read schematics and blueprints.
- Ability to establish procedures.
- Ability to select and evaluate priorities.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to effectively communicate with management, peers and external parties.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively management team of Inspectors.
- Able to work within deadlines and utilize resources to meet those deadlines.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong teamwork acumen with a profound ability to work under extreme pressure.
- Strong passion for working in a fast paced and result oriented environment.
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K) and more to employees in full-time positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.