Position: Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Location: Van Nuys, CA
Clay Lacy Aviation is looking for a strong Shipping and Receiving Clerk to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience working in a faced paced Parts/Shipping & Receiving department. If you are goal-oriented, dedicated, proactive and enjoy a customer-centric culture, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for the issuing of purchase orders for the supply of parts and services as well as the handling of all material goods, shipping, storage and transportation of company items.
- PO placement of required items will be met in a proactive and timely manner.
- On time delivery and quick resolution of late/past due line items.
- Rate shopping; controls costs through negotiating rates and permit periods with vendors.
- Utilizing key suppliers by creating leverage by strategic scheduling based on past purchases.
- Tracking and processing all core exchange items.
- Shipping and receiving materials and company packages as necessary.
- Checks material against documentation for proper identification and quantity.
- Control of inventory and warranty programs.
- Audits contents of kits and stock.
- Maintains organized and systematized structure of stock room and materials.
- Researches part and item numbers for placing new orders and re-orders.
- Auditing documentation for FAA purposes.
- Other functions as needed.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience.
3 to 5 years’ experience. Aviation experience a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledgeable in shipping and receiving
- Ability to multi-task in faced paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and organize work flow
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to take initiative and execute assigned tasks in a timely and flawless manner
- Strong teamwork acumen with a profound ability to work under extreme pressure
- Committed to provide excellent customer service all times
- Valid Class C driver’s license