Invoice Specialist, Aircraft Invoicing
- 100% On-site position
- Compensation: Hourly Rate $22.00 – $29.00
The Specialist, Aircraft Invoicing, will be responsible for production of all invoices posted to Owner Accounts Receivable other than those generated by the Flight Expense Processing Group. The Specialist will control all Clay Lacy workflows, both current and proposed; post all Recurring invoice schedules; and create manual invoices when required. In addition, the Specialist will clear Travel Service invoices from the Grid on a daily basis; assist in reconciliation of owner Reimbursable accounts; and assist in reconciliation of Clearing accounts. Candidates are expected to possess the skills necessary to communicate effectively, courteously and in a professional manner. Accurate and timely production of owner invoices is crucial to providing a high level of customer satisfaction.
To achieve the objectives set for this position, one must perform the following functions with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness:
Manage CLA workflows current and proposed – A number of “workflows” have been developed to automate production of certain high volume but routine owner invoices. The Specialist is responsible for monitoring these processes; confirming accuracy of all transactions; performing any manual activity required; identifying system issues; proposing enhancements; assisting in development of new workflows. The Specialist will assist the Accounting Manager with audits of workflow transactions.
- Current workflows include:
- Aircraft Cleaning
- Flight phone
- Dry cleaning
- Ground Transportation
- Aircraft Supplies
Proposed workflows include:
Post Recurring monthly invoices – Schedules have been created to record certain categories of revenue that are billed to owners each month. The Specialist will make approved changes to these schedules; post schedules on a monthly basis; maintain well organized files of all recurring schedules. As there is a significant amount of revenue generated in these monthly transactions, the Specialist must ensure that schedules are kept current and accurate at all times. The Specialist will assist the Accounting Manager with audits of recurring revenue sources.
- Management Fees – Tails managed by Clay Lacy are charged a monthly Management Fee. The Fee is invoiced on or around the first of each month. The Specialist is required to:
- Add new tails to the schedule as they come under CLA management
- Remove tails from the schedule as they leave CLA management
- Prorate fees based on tail arrival or departure dates
Adjust rates as directed by Aircraft Managers
- Hangar & Ramp Rental Fees – Owners may elect to rent Hangar or Ramp space for their tails. Hangar & Ramp Rental fees are assessed on a monthly basis. Rentals are invoiced on or around the first of each month. The Specialist is required to:
- Add new tails to the schedule as owners request space
- Remove tails from the schedule as owners relinquish space
- Prorate fees based on occupancy and vacancy dates
- Adjust rates as directed by Aircraft Managers
- Crew Cell Phones – Certain crew members assigned to specific tails are reimbursed a fixed monthly amount for use of personal cell phones. Owners of these tails are billed on or around the first of each month. The Specialist is required to:
- Add crew members to the schedule as owners agree to reimbursement
- Remove crew members from the schedule as circumstances dictate
- Prorate fees as necessary
Clear Travel Service invoices from the Grid – While the majority of Travel Service invoices are routed directly to AR and AP, certain transactions are routed to the Grid for additional review prior to AR and AP posting. The Specialist is required to:
- Review TS invoices that are routed to the Grid and determine if any further action is required prior to releasing the invoice for posting to AP and AR.
- Post invoices after appropriate steps have been taken.
- Clear Grid of all Travel Service invoices on a daily basis.
Create Manual Invoices – Manual invoices become necessary for a variety of reasons. The Specialist is required to produce Manual Invoices as required. Whenever possible, a version of the Recurring Schedule should be used to create invoices. The Specialist will assist the Accounting Manager in audits of Manual invoices. Circumstances include:
- Invoice categories for which there is no Workflow.
- Aircraft Insurance
- Owner revenue returns
- Operating Deposits
- Correcting invoices and returns
Reimbursable Account reconciliations – The Specialist is responsible for assisting the Accounts Payable Manager and other Accounting staff in the reconciliation of all owner Reimbursable accounts.
Clearing Account reconciliations – The Specialist is responsible for assisting the Accounts Payable Manager and other Accounting staff in the reconciliation of certain clearing accounts. They include:
- 16000 – Charter Refunds
- 16010 – AP & AR Offsetting Invoices
- 16100 – Managed
Backup for Auditor, Flight Expense Reporting – From time to time, the Specialist will be required to perform the Auditor role in the absence of one or more of the Auditors. The specific tasks required are documented in the Auditor, Flight Expense Reporting job description.
Use of CLA software tools – A wide variety of software tools have been developed by Clay Lacy and can aid in researching a variety of issues. They include, but are not limited to, OnBase, Workbench, Quote, Logsheet program, Pilot schedule, Electronic Trip Folder. Specialist is expected to become fluent in the use of current software applications and those developed in the future.
Identify software problems – Specialist is expected to take responsibility for identifying software problems in any of the various platforms used, clearly document the issue, bring to the attention of the IT Department or relevant developer, monitor the issue until it has been resolved.
Suggestions for enhancements to software and processes – As Specialists are the best equipped to do so, they are expected to take responsibility for identifying improvements in both software applications and the procedures followed to perform the duties of their position.
Other duties as assigned – As Clay Lacy continues to grow and diversify, the duties of the Specialist position may change from time to time. The Specialist is expected to maintain a flexible attitude towards change and accept new or different responsibilities as they become necessary.
Performance Evaluation & Key Performance Indicators
The success of the Specialist, Aircraft Invoicing in achieving the objectives described above will be measured by the following:
- Reimbursable accounts are analyzed throughout the month and reconciled to zero prior to Closing.
- Clearing accounts are analyzed throughout the month and reconciled to zero prior to Closing.
- Recurring monthly invoices are posted by 3rd business day after month end.
- Workflow transactions are processed throughout the month and current period activity is posted by 3rd business day after month end.
- Grid transactions are cleared daily
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience with an emphasis in Accounting or Accounts Receivable and familiarity with basic revenue and expense reconciliation procedures. Candidates must have the ability to clearly present and discuss issues with colleagues.
Personality and Character
The ideal candidate will possess the following traits:
- Intermediate technical skills – adept in learning new software, advanced Excel user
- Ability to secure respect and credibility with Accounting & Finance team members and those employees whose reports the Specialist processes
- Collaborative working style
- Skill in establishing the routines and organization required to meet goals
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse workplace community
- Analytical personality able to assess current processes and suggest realistic productivity enhancements
- Highly responsible, willing to “OWN” the process and outcome
The Specialist, Aircraft Invoicing, will report directly to the Accounting Manager.
We are committed to supporting employees in their adoption of a healthier and more active lifestyle. We understand the contribution each employee makes to our accomplishments and so our goal is to provide a comprehensive program of competitive benefits to attract and retain the best employees available.
Through our benefits programs, we strive to support the needs of our employees and their dependents by providing a benefit package that is easy to understand, easy to access, and affordable for all our employees.
Our benefits are a valuable part of the total rewards that Clay Lacy Aviation offers you and your families. We offer you a robust benefits package and other resources that help you take care of yourself and your family.
- Health Insurance – HMO and PPO options available
- Dental Insurance – HMO and PPO options available
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation/Time Off
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays (9)
- 401K Plan
- Floating Holidays (2)
- Pet Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection Services
- Employee Discounts to retailers, restaurants, and theme parks
- Uber for Business
Equal Opportunity Employer
Clay Lacy Aviation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded in 1968 by world-renowned pilot Clay Lacy, Clay Lacy Aviation (CLA) operates one of the largest fleets of charter and managed aircraft in the world. The company’s fixed based operations in Los Angeles and Seattle set the industry standard for corporate aviation facilities and amenities. CLA offers a complete range of aircraft charter, management, sales, acquisitions, maintenance, avionics and interior completion services, and is an authorized service center for the Embraer Phenom 100 and 300 and Quest Kodiak. Home to an award-winning Class 3 & 4 maintenance repair station, CLA’s factory-trained technicians provide 24-hour on-site and mobile maintenance support. For more information, visit www.claylacy.com.