The Valet position is a customer service position working on the aircraft ramp serving business jet passengers and crew members. The valet is responsible for escorting passengers and crew members onto the aircraft ramp, safely driving, parking, and retrieving vehicles, ensuring the safety of our customers and guests.
The Valet Attendant plays a significant role in the success of the company. They are the first person our clients and customers see upon arrival, and the last person our clients and guests see when they depart. A warm welcome, smiling face, and professional demeanor are of the utmost importance.
Employment is Full-Time and in a Security/Safety Sensitive Area
- This is a full-time position with full, excellent benefits. We are unable to consider those seeking part-time opportunities.
- All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Act as team lead to set an example as well as train other team members to maintain Clay Lacy’s high level of customer service and engagement
- Help direct traffic to keep the flow of cars clean and organized.
- Welcome guests upon arrival and departure.
- Greet all customers by name, take care of their needs, and develop a rapport with each person driving up to your stand.
- Open and close doors for every customer upon arrival and departure.
- Assist guests with luggage from the vehicle and to the vehicle as necessary.
- Turn off each car and remove the keys.
- Provide each customer with a valet ticket and provide a retrieval process.
- Park and retrieve cars carefully, efficiently, and in a timely manner.
- Provide a self-reliant attitude when needed. Must be able to work with or without supervision.
- Promote awesome customer relations. Smiles go above and beyond and make customers feel they are receiving the best-in-class customer service.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Must have and maintain a clear and valid California Driver’s License, restricted licenses are not valid for employment at Clay Lacy Aviation. This includes having no accidents, speeding tickets, or anything that would affect your driving history on your DMV records.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, direct interface, and over the telephone.
- Ability to make decisions with multiple objectives and implement them in a safe, efficient manner.
- Follow oral and written directions; plan and complete assigned duties on a regular schedule, and maintain good working relationships with others.
- Must be available to work flexible hours including overtime and holidays when required.
- Ability to perform a variety of manual tasks including but not limited to facility cleaning, vehicle washing, and vacuuming.
- Ability to work without direct management supervision.
- Ability to drive a manual shift vehicle.
- Drive customers/guests’ vehicles at a posted or safe speed. Never misuse, change or take any items from the customers/guest’s vehicle, except to adjust the driver’s seat to operate a vehicle in a safe manner.
- Learn and comply with all safety and operating standards of vehicle and passenger safety.
- Report all incidents and accidents and unsafe situations to the manager or supervisor immediately.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Must be comfortable with working outdoors, day, night, and in all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally bend, stoop, squat, and lift objects throughout the shift0
- Ability to perform functions that require repetitive motions using hands, wrist, arms knees, and/or legs
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time, running when required.
- Good hand-eye coordination with good peripheral vision.
- A high school diploma or GED required
- Parking industry experience required
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K) and more to employees in full-time positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded in 1968 by legendary aviator and industry pioneer Clay Lacy. Today, Clay Lacy Aviation is considered the world’s most experienced operator of private jets. Prominent individuals and leading corporations trust Clay Lacy for aircraft management, charter, maintenance, avionics, interiors, and FBO services. The company has aircraft operations and regional offices across the U.S., including full-service FBOs in Los Angeles and Orange County, and aircraft maintenance centers in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Oxford, Connecticut. With the most knowledgeable team in the industry, Clay Lacy delivers superior safety, service, and value to aircraft owners and jet travelers worldwide. Visit claylacy.com