Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor
- 100% On-site position
- Compensation: Hourly Rate $55.00 – $65.00
- Current Openings: 1
The Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the efficient execution of the work scope and the maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations performed under the authority of the Clay Lacy FAA Certificated Repair Station and promotes the Clay Lacy Aviation vision, mission and values to create a positive team environment that raises the level of safety, service and value for our customers and employees.
- Effectively works with the Aircraft Controllers and Quality Assurance Inspector to efficiently execute the aircraft work scope. and
- Communicates effectively with customers as required.
- Promotes an environment that provides the team with opportunities to succeed.
- Contributes to the annual performance evaluation of personnel assigned under their leadership.
- Monitors and documents employee performance throughout the performance period.
- Must attends the customer debrief meeting for all aircraft assigned.
- Assigns maintenance technicians, QC and support shop technicians to perform the tasks required by the work scope and monitors performance to plan.
- Supervises the daily activities to ensure maximum efficiency and takes necessary action to ensure that all work is completed within schedule and estimated labor and material costs.
- Monitors and controls overtime.
- Ensures that qualified personnel are assigned to every task and ensures the use of applicable technical data.
- Assists the operations manager in identifying additional technical training needs.
- Ensures that aircraft maintenance paperwork and forms are completed in accordance with methods of execution outlined in Clay Lacy Repair Station Manual.
- Is able to provide a comprehensive shift turn over to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Manages aircraft down time and schedule to ensure timely delivery of a quality product.
- Collaborates with the assigned Controller or Aircraft Maintenance Manager for Work Order Squawk Form approval.
- Collaborates and cooperates with the assigned QA Inspector to achieve aircraft approval for return to service.
- Ensures that crews maintain good housekeeping practices, takes immediate action to maintain a clean safe environment.
- Ensures that assigned crews follow adequate safety precautions and procedures, inspect equipment to ensure it meets company safety and OSHA standards.
- Supervise a continuous safety program in their area of responsibility, including operation of support equipment, aircraft systems, housekeeping and hazardous materials.
- Supports the Clay Lacy Vision, Mission and Values statement through achievement of department goals and objectives, contributes to process improvement and the development of strategies that improve customer service and the maintenance process.
- Observes and administers company rules and regulations and safety policy and standard operating procedures.
A&P Certificate required.
Minimum of 3-5 years of experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to prioritize and organize work flow
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to multi-task.
- Known for working well with all levels of managers, staff, clients and vendors.
- Able to handle sensitive documents in a very confidential manner.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Able to take initiative and execute assigned tasks in a timely and flawless manner.
- Strong teamwork acumen with a profound ability to work under extreme pressure.
- Strong passion for working in a fast paced and result oriented environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Committed to provide excellent customer service all times.
- Team-oriented dedication to great customer service and the ability to inspire that commitment in others.
- Thorough knowledge of the general aviation industry, aircraft makes and models, and ground support suppliers.
- Strong understanding of safety training and risk management.
We are committed to supporting employees in their adoption of a healthier and more active lifestyle. We understand the contribution each employee makes to our accomplishments and so our goal is to provide a comprehensive program of competitive benefits to attract and retain the best employees available.
Through our benefits programs, we strive to support the needs of our employees and their dependents by providing a benefit package that is easy to understand, easy to access, and affordable for all our employees.
Our benefits are a valuable part of the total rewards that Clay Lacy Aviation offers you and your families. We offer you a robust benefits package and other resources that help you take care of yourself and your family.
- Health Insurance – HMO and PPO options available
- Dental Insurance – HMO and PPO options available
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation/Time Off
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays (9)
- 401K Plan
- Floating Holidays (2)
- Pet Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection Services
- Employee Discounts to retailers, restaurants, and theme parks
- Uber for Business
Equal Opportunity Employer
Clay Lacy Aviation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.