MRT A&P Supervisor
Job Title: MRT A&P Supervisor
Location: Van Nuys, CA
Reports to: Operations Manager
Salary Range: $55.00/hour – $75.00/hour
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded by legendary aviator and industry pioneer, Clay Lacy Aviation has been providing private jet services around the globe since 1968. Today, Clay Lacy Aviation is considered the world’s most experienced operator of private jets. Prominent individuals and leading corporations trust Clay Lacy for aircraft management, charter, sales, acquisitions, maintenance, avionics, interiors and FBO services. The company has aircraft operations and regional offices across the U.S., including fixed-base operations and part 145 repair stations at Van Nuys Airport and John Wayne Airport in Southern California and Waterbury-Oxford Airport in Connecticut. Taking pride in the pursuit of perfection is at the center of everything that we do. Our most valuable asset is our experienced team.
At Clay Lacy Aviation, we are always looking for legendary individuals to come join us in the world of private aviation. If you are goal-oriented, dedicated, proactive, and enjoy a customer-centric culture, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is passionate for helping people.
- Is eager and quick to learn new material.
- Enjoys collaboration and communicating with others.
- Has a strong work ethic who values honesty, integrity, humility, respect, and accountability.
- Has the passion and intrinsic motivation to learn, change, and grow.,
- Is disciplined, dedicated, and determined to produce desirable results.
- Manages their time responsibly.
- Embodies a high level of integrity and professionalism, with a commitment to maintaining confidentiality and handling sensitive information appropriately.
- Possesses a strong attention to detail.
The MRT (Mobile Response Team) A&P Supervisor is responsible for Supervising and traveling to customer aircraft to perform the efficient execution of the work scope and the maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations performed under the authority of the Clay Lacy FAA Certificated Repair Station and promotes the Clay Lacy Aviation vision, mission and values to create a positive team environment that raises the level of safety, service and value for our customers and employees. The position is expected to travel at least 50% of the time domestically and internationally.
The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, 7 AM to 4 PM.
- Supervise and schedule multiple MRT Teams in support of AOG aircraft.
- Perform troubleshooting, repairs, inspections, modifications, and service on a variety of customer aircraft with minimal supervision.
- Required to travel extensively within region and occasionally outside of region to customer aircraft for maintenance related matters.
- Performs and documents all completed work in accordance with all appropriate manuals and regulations as needed.
- Frequent interaction with customers will be required.
- Effectively works with the Aircraft Controllers and QA/QC Inspector to efficiently execute the aircraft work scope. and
- Communicates effectively with customers as required.
- Promotes an environment that provides the team with opportunities to succeed.
- Contributes to the annual performance evaluation of personnel assigned under their leadership.
- Monitors and documents employee performance throughout the performance period.
- Must attends the customer debrief meeting for all aircraft assigned.
- Assigns maintenance technicians, QA/QC and support shop technicians to perform the tasks required by the work scope and monitors performance to plan.
- Supervises the daily activities to ensure maximum efficiency and takes necessary action to ensure that all work is completed within schedule and estimated labor and material costs.
- Monitors and oversees overtime of team.
- Ensures that qualified personnel are assigned to every task and ensures the use of applicable technical data.
- Assists the operations manager in identifying additional technical training needs.
- Ensures that aircraft maintenance paperwork and forms are completed in accordance with methods of execution outlined in Clay Lacy Repair Station Manual.
- Can provide a comprehensive shift turn over to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Manages aircraft down time and schedule to ensure timely delivery of a quality product.
- Collaborates with the assigned Controller or Aircraft Maintenance Manager for Work Order Squawk Form approval.
- Collaborates and cooperates with the assigned QA Inspector to achieve aircraft approval for return to service.
- Ensures that crews maintain good housekeeping practices, takes immediate action to maintain a clean safe environment.
- Ensures that assigned crews follow adequate safety precautions and procedures, inspect equipment to ensure it meets company safety and OSHA standards.
- Supervise a continuous safety program in their area of responsibility, including operation of support equipment, aircraft systems, housekeeping and hazardous materials.
- Supports the Clay Lacy Vision, Mission and Values statement through achievement of department goals and objectives, contributes to process improvement and the development of strategies that improve customer service and the maintenance process.
- Observes and administers company rules and regulations and safety policy and standard operating procedures.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all Federal Aviation regulations, company operations manual, operations specifications, standard operating procedures, and company policies & procedures.
- Must be able to pass DOT/FAA drug screening, background checks and submit to random drug/alcohol test when required.
- Prioritize and organize work flow.
- Able to multi-task.
- Work well with all levels of managers, staff, clients and vendors.
- Handle sensitive documents in a confidential manner.
- Demonstrate analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Take initiative and execute assigned tasks in a timely and flawless manner.
- Strong teamwork acumen with a profound ability to work under extreme pressure.
- Strong passion for working in a fast paced and result oriented environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Maintain shop facility, equipment and tooling when required.
- Committed to provide excellent customer service all times.
- Team-oriented dedication to great customer service and the ability to inspire that commitment in others.
- Thorough knowledge of the general aviation industry, aircraft makes and models, and ground support suppliers.
- Strong understanding of safety training and risk management.
- Valid Passport
- Schedules are subject to change. Employees must be available to work flexible hours as changes occur, examples include overtime, holidays, and covering time-off for the team.
Essential Physical Functions
The following functions may be performed in variable weather and environmental conditions such as jet engine fumes, dust, or noise.
- Step up and down stairs, ladders, tugs, vehicles, and fuel trucks.
- Work effectively while sitting, standing or walking.
- Able to engage safely and effectively in gross and fine motor control movements such as operating machinery and handheld tools.
- Reach at or above shoulder level.
- Execute hand signals in order to guide aircraft during arrivals and departures.
- Complete tasks safely and effectively that require hand and eye coordination.
- Lift, carry, push, and objects from ground level to waist and overhead, up to 75 lbs.
- Bending and stooping to pick up tow bars, tools, and other equipment, up to 75 lbs.
- Stooping below and move under aircraft.
- Climb into aircraft and on top of aircraft surfaces
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time, running when required.
Essential Cognitive Functions
- Must be able to reason, analyze, and solve problems.
- Read, write, comprehend, and speak in English.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Always work safely and effectively.
- Must work well with others.
- Must be able to prioritize and multitask in a distracting environment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- A&P Certificate
- 3+ years of corporate/business jet technical experience.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience.
We are committed to supporting employees in their adoption of a healthier and more active lifestyle. We understand the contribution each employee makes to our accomplishments and so our goal is to provide a comprehensive program of competitive benefits to attract and retain the best employees available.
Through our benefits programs, we strive to support the needs of our employees and their dependents by providing a benefit package that is easy to understand, easy to access, and affordable for all our employees.
Our benefits are a valuable part of the total rewards that Clay Lacy Aviation offers you and your families. We offer you a robust benefits package and other resources that help you take care of yourself and your family.
- Health Insurance – HMO and PPO options available
- Dental Insurance – HMO and PPO options available
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation/Time Off
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays (9)
- 401K Plan
- Floating Holidays (2)
- Pet Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection Services
- Employee Discounts to retailers, restaurants, and theme parks
- Uber for Business
Equal Opportunity Employer
Clay Lacy Aviation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.